Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this and when I got it,it was 10 inches shorter than they told me it was. I can return it,but I will use it if it looks ok.I am undecided as to whether it looks to small or if it will be ok.Kinda hard to tell with everything off of the car. And even harder in pics,but if anybody has an opinion I would like to hear it........Thanks....http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/f250_460/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.view=l click car

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Please return it and don't get another. That is WAAAY to ricey and would never look right. That car won't look good with any spoiler. Please don't rice up that '63 Fairlane. It's cool without the spoiler. I'm sure everyone else agrees about that. If it was a fasback of some sort, it might be a different story.

·
Registered
672 Posts
That spoiler looks like it came from a Pontiac Gran Dam.

BTW I say leave it off, but if you really like it, go for it. I am not one to tell someone what to do with their cars. It's their car.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
PLEASE DON'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry if i sound kinda mean but i can totaly understand what you want to express. The wing need's to be 95 percent BITCHEN or better to look good.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear ya with the R word. What I am going for is DIFFERENT. I only live a few miles from Crites,so the tear drop hoods and T Bolt clones are the norm. And I have never been one to go with the flow. So,I am looking at my options,for something different and quick.Finally got my shop far enough along to work in and quit on it to try to do a quikie on the Fairlane till next winter when I can have all winter to work on it. So,besides the ricer look,is it to small for the car? One for a T bird comes right out to where the fins start,is is just flat with turn downs on the ends.Any better?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I agree with the rest of the guys....don't do it. The car has great lines as is. But, if you still want to go with a wing, studysome of the stainless designs in pro divisions. There are some functional ones out there that are awesome looking. Get your designs from som of the older funnies or pro-comp guys.

Also, check out the nostalgia pages for some of the earlier Fords
But PLEASE....don't go Ricer.
Fred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts