Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Only one comment. They were selling the Mega Cam when I was in High School and back then the history books were much thinner! There has been a world of R and D done since then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm using the 270 mega grind in a 302 with World Sr. heads. Its got a nice lumpy idle and makes pretty good power up to 6000 rpm or so. It requires using 3:70 or lower rear gears, and if your running an auto tranny it wouldn't hurt to run a converter a little looser than stock.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Joe Sherman used the 280H megacam in his 400 hp 302 buildup.This is a pretty standard buildup no exotic heads etc, so the cam must work well.It made power to 6500,I phoned and talked to him and he swears by Isky cams he has done a lot of magazine articles and is famous for getting a lot of horsepower cheaply and easily.He isn't well known by most ford guys cause he usually builds chevy's. Just because the Isky name has been around for a long time isn't necessarily a bad thing,usually its a good thing or He'd be long gone by now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies fellas!I was thinking to try one of the 280 mega cams in my 400 ford buildup-not entirely sold on it yet-but close!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts