Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the group but finding it to be a wealth of knowledge. My wife and I recently picked up a 62 Galaxie 500 2 Door Sedan, 390, 3 speed manual with overdrive. The car is overall in great shape but is missing some trim and we've been searching... albeit unsuccessfully for it. Can anyone point us in the right direction or even better have some for sale? The piece we are missing is the inner/outer belt line trim aft of the passenger side door. I've circled the drivers side piece in the attached picture. Thanks.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
1963 Ford Galaxie 500
183 Posts
Nice car! I would get involved in some of the Facebook forums for Galaxies, there are a few that specialize. And the trim God out there is Bruce Miller, he restores it, but also may know a source for your particular vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice car! I would get involved in some of the Facebook forums for Galaxies, there are a few that specialize. And the trim God out there is Bruce Miller, he restores it, but also may know a source for your particular vehicle.
Thanks for the tip, I've joined a few groups on Facebook and I'll look up Bruce Miller.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually just found a guy with one in IL and he is shipping it in pvc. But I will be saving that name and number, I'm sure I'll need more as I go through the car. Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
I have some side molding from a 62 Galaxie convertible. It should be the same. I pulled it from a car going to the scrap yard to be crushed. Your welcome to what I have for a small fee. The problem is that I just had knee replacement and can’t really walk around yet to fish it out of my shed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have some side molding from a 62 Galaxie convertible. It should be the same. I pulled it from a car going to the scrap yard to be crushed. Your welcome to what I have for a small fee. The problem is that I just had knee replacement and can’t really walk around yet to fish it out of my shed.
Once your up and about I'd love to see what you have. Interested and thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts