Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the 94 Lightning engine sitting in this 69 Fairlane wagon and the hood closes thank goodnes. Both vehicles are doners. The wagon will be for mock up and will probably retire in the woods as a yard piece because i like looking at it and the Lightning will get parted out i hope. After i am happy with the dry fit i will transfer everything over to the 68 Ranchero
100_0502 (1).JPG
100_0502 (1).JPG

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can se
e i will have to get this 93 block drilled out for a shifter boss like in the picture if i want to use the sterring collum shifter, Want to use a 4r70w and keep the bench seat if i can. Am watching a guy do that but he has angled his motor down some and shimmed his axle so as not to cut the tunnel. Am hoping that the seat could be notched some if need be.Will put the engine back in tomorrow and see how the lightning manifold wants to play with the master cylinder and see if i have room for the factory shorty headers Has anybody here ever notched a bench seat and then had it covered ?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the manifold is all up in the booster brakes. looks like i will try to go with manual brakes, seems like if i get the right master cylinder and disk brake combo it ought to be better than the booster and drums i have now.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pulled a 4r70w from the yard in the mud out of a 2000 convertable mustang that was sitting behind a 3,8 v6 got it home and it all goes together well with the lightning motor that had the e40d behind it. starter went right in and herd it turn over.Called US shift and they had me ohm out the trans harness and the 2000 does have the right solenoid in it for there uick 4 controler Gave $275 for trans,converter and driveshaft. I liked that little v6 mustang.
100_0528.JPG

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry about the double pics. when i preview my post it does not show my pic so i drop and drag in in again and it shows 2 of them.My Bad

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cut more tunnel than I wanted got the cross member fabed up welded angle and flat steal to the c4 cross member and used the c4 trans mount[ATTAC
H=full]165358[/ATTACH]

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Made a trans tunnel to transfer to the ranchero when i am ready Hope to push it up in from the bottom The shifter works well

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
these Doug,s d669y ceramic heades dry fit nicely in the wagon A borgeson box should get here tomorrow. Hope it plays well with the headers.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The box came in today and is only a 1/2 inch wider. I will wrap the headers in that area and run a cooler

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Radiator selection did not do so good. Should have got a 24" wide like on the big blocks and then the "Taurus dual fan upgrade" would have fit but I scratched it and can not take it back.Also the clutch fan on the front dress is a no go . It is too big The hoses for 69 Mustang did
not fit too good either so I took them back.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Lightning is out of here making room for me to work on the Ranchero. I am glad to know that it is going to a good home.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Might want to put a torque strap on that driver's side of the engine. Sometimes with a close fit and rubber mounts, the engine rocks and it dents the headers on anything close by.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
made a spring compressor sort of like Daze Cars and got his kit and made up the roller perches

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the front suspension pulled today.Will order my parts tomorrow and start cleaning will have to repair this mess with the shock towers and the bent up cross member.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts