Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local junker yard, Route 109 U-Pull it in Winston-Salem NC, was sold to a new owner, who unceremoniously crushed all the old cars. There was probably about 40 of them in a special section behind the fence and right up against the road. Driving by years ago I caught sight of a familiar face, stopped, and eventually became familiar with "my" parts cars, two '64 TBirds just like mine. In several visits I obtained lots of bits and pieces, including fender skirts.

:crying:

·
Registered
644 Posts
I know the feeling, i;ve been going to my local yard for years, (404 auto parts)pulling small parts as i need them, one of the guys at front desk even calls me when an older Ford hits the yard. , I dropped in as a 64 F;lane came & in i wanted trim, front desk tells me- Sorry, you can't pull a part anymore, our insurance doesn't allow customers to enter yard!
Leave a list of what you want & we may get around to pulling for you. Wouldn't even let me go look at the 64 to see if anything worth while left on her!
There is a still pick a part yard North of me, but, its now over an hours to get to it, end of an era i;m afraid

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They encourage picking at this yard, in fact all the yards here are like that. On this last trip I needed some seat belt parts, fairly rare as it turns out, for another project and spend a good 45 minutes looking around until I found a suitable donor. The new owner cleaned up the yard since I was there last, he's putting all the cars up on rims to get them off the ground and stable. It's a lot safer that way and much easier to get most parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts