Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year of building, rebuilding, leaks,etc... The list of engine issues kept going on and on. The 390 is running smooth (cross your fingers). It will be nice to drive the car again.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Very cool I have allways been impressed with your ride Good to see your back on the road!

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The overheating was caused due to one bolt, being longer, and having bottomed out and allowing a small amount of coolant to seep in to the cylinder. I swapped out stock bolts with ARP's to take care of that problem.

I also ran into about a 1/2 dozen other small issues that took awhile. I couldn't get my power steering pump to stop screeching and leaking so I put on a serpentine belt set up with pulleys and power steering pump. It is a cool set up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fakesnake on 3/31/06 1:26pm ]</font>

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Glad to hear you finally got her going! Gonna miss ya at knotts though. This will be my last year so gonna make the best of it! Hoping to catch up to a couple people that I have just kept missing the last few years. Hmmm, maybe that should tell me something huh?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts