Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Was putting the 6al and billet dissy in the fairlane today and got the 6al wired up all neat and tidy and was putting in the dissy when it went thud and stopped, bottomed out on the hole in the block where the lower part of the shaft (under the gear) goes. Swear at car, pick up measuring stick and measure the shafts of teh new and old dissy and the old dissy definetly has the smaller size shaft. Now to the questions... I was under the impression that the only aussie blocks to have the small size shaft were the 79 and later blocks that also had the electronic dissy, and that all motors with points dissys (which mine had) had the large shaft, or is this not correct?? Now, the code on the block near the starter is D2AE-CA, this is 1972 right, or not?? The engine number is just as confusing. All aussie blocks are meant to go JH66WExxxxK or along those lines. But this block is AL1JWExxxxK. The AL doesnt make sense it should be JG or JH, the 1J is meant to be the model but i cant find it referenced anywhere and the date code, WE, is april 79.. So i'm guessing that this is the later block that someone has got a points dissy machined down to fit in it?? That all probably makes no sense but I'm thoroughly confused....
Either way it's off to get the shaft on the dissy machined down on monday.. I love my car

1 - 1 of 1 Posts