Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the poor quality it is all i have. That being said this was the first test drive of my 68 with the new 347 and AOD trans. The engine has 10.4:1 comp, AFR 185 heads, eagle rotating assembly, comp XER282RF retrofit hyd roller cam, RPM air gap, and a 750 carb. Unfortunelty i found that i missed something in the trans rebuild(my first one) and the AOD would not leave 1st gear. but the trans was dropped and this time i have a pro building it and this time without lock up and will have a 3200 stall converter.

It should be back together within the next few weeks and i post a new better video, ill barrow a friends camera.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Shoot, with my old rear gear my truck would run 50 in first, LOL. Not so great on gas mileage doing that.

I was told a story once at an actual car rental place about some lady that rented a car in California. I used to live in California and travelled all over so I got to test out a lot of rental cars, airports, planes and hotels too. Well this lady didn't know how to manage a floor shift so she yanked it all the way down into 1 and it went so she was good to go. Drove the whole trip in first gear. When she turned the car in she complained that the engine made a lot of noise and it got horrible gas mileage, LOL.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shoot, with my old rear gear my truck would run 50 in first, LOL. Not so great on gas mileage doing that.

Ya, and my 4.11 gears didn't help, drove the short two miles to local trans shop at about 15 mph or so. Fun...

my first automatic trans build and i guess i didn't do to bad since reverse and first worked. Turns out that my governervalve was stuck and my convrter wasnt spinning true with the flex plate, one of the two were worped and toasted my pump bushing. But it is being rebuilt with extra clutches and some other good stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts