Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this probably doesnt mean much to most of you but im very excited,finaly the 347 has been started after months of waiting will have some dyno results in a couple of weeks,those of you who dont have webers dont know what your missing out on!!!!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
How can we all not get excited about a fresh motor firing for the first time. Thats the best sound in the world.

Here's his motor,

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 3/18/02 12:03am ]</font>

·
Registered
46 Posts
In 1975 I built a 750cc (836cc bored) Honda streetable drag bike. Used two Weber DCOE 2-bbl. carbs; looked very similar to what's on giddyup1's stroker motor. At 10,000 rpm those two Webers moaned liked an open 4 barrel on a V-8. Sweet memories!

These carbs are surprisingly easy to work on, very responsive to tuning, and about any tuning parts you could want are readily available. You can even change venturis in them to increase total airflow or boost velocity. Pick up a book on them at the old Barnes and Noble and shortly you'll be an expert. That 347's a beauty.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
My friend got a Webber for his '73 Toyota Hi-Lux, but it didn't look anything like that, LOL! Engine looks sweet, MAN I really need to get me some of those Motorsport valve covers, I love those things!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
russ......the specs are,dart snr alloys,ported exhaust,match ported inlets,10.1comp,scat h beams,scat steel crank
kb hypers,comp cams 294dur 248 @.050 560 lift 110lsa,44mm idf webers,going into a 68 mustang tremmec 3550,4.1 nine inch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts