Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fighting a not so great heater in my 65 since day one,it put out enough heat to take the chill off so I got a new core from a/z and it went to nothing so I never drove it when it was cold. A few years ago I flushed the original core and made new gaskets to seal it in the heater box and it was a little better so that was good enough but last fall I started to smell coolant,tonight it got a new core from another parts store and now it puts out enough heat to burn my hand so now on to new door seals to keep the heat in.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I have the autozone core and it is a little puny. What good one did you get?

·
Registered
219 Posts
puttster I had very good luck with the heatercore I got from Oreilly's, although it's probably exactly the same (I think it's cardone?)....about 20 or 25 bucks best I recall. But, I went through the whole thing new solenoids, vacuum hoses, new underhood cannister, etc. works GREAT.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got one from OReillys,had to order one for a 68 as they have the a/c and non a/c heater cores listed as the same for the 65 to 67s and what picture showed up is the a/c core. It seems funny as I can drive around with the blower motor off and still having to turn down the heat or crack a window,the core from a/z was plugged and was not built straight so it got tossed in the scrap pile

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.