Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

421 - 436 of 436 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Can't wait to see your ride on the road when done (as if we are ever really done with our cars)! That blue paint in your youtube video getting exhaust looks like it is going to drip off the car. Amazing job all around. You are very close, exited for you!

Keep the pictures coming.

Jose
Thanks!

Close is correct. Trying to get over there as often as I can. Many small things to get finished.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Some I did today,

Bolted down the rear Infinity Reference speakers and wired.
Installed the pillar/door seals.
Cut, angled and laid out the interior trim to fit. Next is to remove, make mounting pin plots, polish and mount.
Charged the VA system. Blowing pretty cold.
Adjusted rear deck lid and latch

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Pretty busy at work. Been doing some fab work at home since I can't make it back to the shop until next weekend.

First had to cut off a small section off my rear door panel(s) new felt trim I installed. Even though it fit great to the original panel, it was oddly too long on the door opening side so I had to trim them down. Easy enough but just the little things we run across.

I recently was able to cut, fit and angle all my half round interior aluminum trim, so I picked up supplies so I can make my screw mounts to secure them to my panels. Set the depth on my portable drill press on a test piece, measured and marked my trim. My dash trim wont need any mounts since they will be taped to the dash, using some pretty thin but strong double stick tape I found and bought online.

Using a 7/64 bit, drilled all my marks to the correct depth, then screwed 6 x 32 screws and nuts into the holes, making sure they were straight. Installing the nuts on the screws first before screwing them will make it easier to remove/reinstall since the screw heads will be cut off after the screws are tightened down. I was a surprised just how strong these threaded mount's turned out to be. When I get back to the shop, will polish and get them installed.

This trim is the only thing keeping me from finalizing the panels, getting them installed permanently and getting the rest of my interior installed. Can then reinstall armrests, handles/cranks and my back seat.

Hopefully will have enough time to test fit my Rider 695''s and plan for my tires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
I have not been on in awhile but man she is looking sweet!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
Thanks JStrong67!

Just trying to find the time to get all the smalls done so I can hit the road. Been really busy at work. It will all come together soon enough I guess.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I read some people giving you some grief because they were not fans of your dash. I think it's totally cool and I wish I could do the quality of work you do.

It looks REALLY good but you know that. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
I read some people giving you some grief because they were not fans of your dash. I think it's totally cool and I wish I could do the quality of work you do.

It looks REALLY good but you know that. :smile2:
Thanks stevnj47

This dash design/build is straight off the paper I drew years ago. I like how it's coming together but also understand there would be purist/others that hate the fact I removed the original dash and that's ok with me.

The fact that I was upgrading everything and really didn't like the look in the first place is the reason I made my own and it was fun doing it tbh.

I will be adding some more pics as progress continues so keep an eye out. The interior is going back in soon (if I can get away from work long enough).

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Been working on adding an electric push fan for my Vintage Air condenser unit. Was able to fit a 12" fan just between the hood/grille bracket and the condenser. Will be removing the binary switch from my dryer and installing a trinary switch to control the fan. It will turn the fan on when the pressure gets 254 and shut off at 175. This will enable me to get the remaining amount of Freon in the system to blow even colder air since I live in Houston. We saw pressures around 250 with only 14 ounces added in the system and was seeing only around 60 degree air. Quickly realized the condenser was just too far away from the radiator to pull the air through it, even with the stock fan and shroud I have installed originally used on AC cars. I either had to add an electric fan or modify the mounting of the condenser and add some more deflectors, which I really didn't want to do.

So it took me some time to get that fan mounted. I had to remove the condenser from the car to mount it which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still have to run the harness and install the trinary switch and vac and charge the system again. While testing the fan, I was surprised the amount of air the fan pushed when normally they pull better than pushing. I had the condenser laying on top of a trash can when testing the fan and the air coming back out of the can around the condenser was blowing my hair back. No worries here about the air flow now.

After I get this fan install done, I still have a few days of smalls left and then plan to get this thing out and spend a day cleaning it. Even though its had plastic and 2 covers over it while at the shop, It's still been inside the shop. It's a mess right now. Mainly dust.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
Since I havent been able to get back over to the shop, I went ahead and fit my aluminum trim to my door panels over the weekend.

Before I left the shop last week, I reinstalled all my door panels and marked them all with tape so I knew the exact locations to install my trim. Measured and marked the stud locations and using a soldering iron, started my holes in the upholstery. Followed up by drilling out the holes. Pushed the trim in place and secured them. Worked out pretty good. Now it's time to remove them all and start polishing them up.

I think it's FINALLY time to let the shop owner know I'll be picking my car up soon. It's been there now for over 4 years. I know he won't mind having the extra space and I can store it closer to home and get all these smalls done. It's so far away and with work picking up, it's getting more difficult to get things done. I will be storing it anyways when I'm not driving it. Appreciate all he's done for me. He's become a good friend and allowed me the space to do all of this work I've been detailing. Hoping to get it sometime next week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
Spent a few hours today finalizing my condenser electric fan install. Had to fabricate new mounting brackets to not only push the condenser closer to the radiator but also allow me the space for the fan without hitting the grill/hood brackets. After mounting the new brackets, I had about an inch between the radiator and condenser and only 1/4" between the fan and the brackets. It just fit and should work fine. Will know for sure after we pull another vacuum and recharge later this week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
Great thread.
Those of us following along appreciate your work and dedication. Thx for sharing this with us.
Appreciate it My67Galaxie.

Although I like detailing my progress, I know and have heard from others that they come to my thread to gather information while working on their '66. I'm glad the details I post can help. Plus the feedback I receive like yours keeps my mental going.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
Been mentally frustrating not being able to get over to the shop to continue working on my ride. As I mentioned before, I have plans of relocating the car closer to me so I can continue to get things done. When I do get over to the shop, time seems to fly and it's hard to get a lot done but I also don't want to rush anything. It's coming along. I just need to accept the fact it will hit the road when it hits the road. Period.

I did find time to get to the shop yesterday. I ran the harness for the condenser electric fan and pulled a vacuum and recharged the system. Moving the condenser closer to the radiator and adding the electric fan did help push more air through the condenser AND the radiator as well along with the stock fan. Was seeing 58 degree air coming from the vents while the car was parked just idling. It was hot as hell here yesterday (almost 100) and the shop doors were open so I should see much better cooling temps while running down the road. I thought 58 was good under the conditions.

Made another list of things left to finalize I've been working off of and highlighting completed items. It's not a huge list but not a day's work either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #436 (Edited)
Finally out of the Shop!

Looking forward to finishing her up.
Short link below of her arriving at her temporary home so I can finish her up. Not the best quality due to compression but she's out.

Can't wait to see those Ridler 695 Chrome rims installed.

Even though I recently polished my interior trim, I found a few minor flaws I wanted to get right/remove, so I wet sanded the scratches out and will polish them again. Example pics.

Attachments

421 - 436 of 436 Posts