Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much is a 1968 J code 302 worth? I have a chance to get one for $500 with no carb. I'm not sure if I should get it or put money into my low compression 302 I already have in my Torino.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Jeff, one of those 351 Winsors that Jason took when Mike died was a 1969 351-W 4-V motor from a 1969 Cyclone GT I junked in 1989!

I sure would have been nice to have that engine laying around now for your Torino!

I remember that engine was a great runner and it only had like 70,000 miles on it?

Oh well it's gone now no use thinking about that one.

You could get a 351-W from my friend Hoppe and just go through it slowly?

The engine you have in the Torino now will last a long time so if you got to piece rebuild a 351-W together and it takes you a while so what?

I would go with a 10 to 1 compression 351-W that's punched 0.30 over for 357 cubes!

Add a nice cam, intake and headers and your set!

I would bet your $1000 dollar budget would take you fairly far into the rebuild?

At least this way you would have a new motor with cubes and not some used motor with the same cubes and only a little more power?

Let me know if you need a 351-W motor I can call Hoppe and get one for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.