Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently went "big time" and picked up a used 24' enclosed trailer. It was owned by a cycle shop who used it to haul show bikes around and advertise their business. They are no longer in business and the owner doesn't care what I do with the decals. The trailer has all kinds of decals on it and I am removing most of them. Here is what it looked like before I started removing some of the writing:

Here is what the front and rear look like after I removed the extra writing:

On the LH side I have removed about 1/2 of the writing and still need to remove all the upper writing that pertains to the shop's services:

The 4 Jax Jack decal's are in pretty decent shape all around the trailer (and I sort of like them.) I removed the WWW and .com for the old defunct website, but have left the "Jaxarewild" part (at least for now.)

I have 2 general questions: What is your opinion of the Jax Jack decals?

How about the "Jaxarewild" decals? Keep, remove, or remove 2 letters and then it would be "Jax R Wild"?

Or just remove everything, clean it up, and put on big ole "Ford" decals instead?

Ideas? Comments?

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Clean it off and put the blue oval on it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would leave them and remove the "A" and "E" for "JAX R WILD"

If you get tired of them later you can always take them off then.

They are cool, different, but Still cool

Lou

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to those who have posted, but I would like more validation or ideas. Anyone else wish to chime in?

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
It's your trailer dude. I think it's rather unique, and my first thought was to play off all the "Jack" jokes we hear. Like, on the lower rear, put
HOW'S MY DRIVING?
CALL OWNER: JACK MEHOFF
800-2DO-JACK
And I'm sure other better ones if I had a minute to think. As I like added security based on advertising something people don't want to steal, I enjoyed one trailer that was decorated with a rabbit food company theme. It was obvious and funny as hell if you knew it was a hoax, and just a load of rabbit food if you didn't. Hilarious.

David

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Ok strip it clean and have some decals made of your Stang showing the front wheels coming off the ground at the start line. Do a reverse so you have two cars facing each other one on each end of the panel. In between the cars put " Dennis's toy hauler"! Put a few blue ovals on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts