Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Jay is basically resto-modding a 66 Galaxie. WOW. 65/66 Galaxie owners....WE HAVE FINALLY BEEN PUT ON THE MAP. I say again...WOW. I am so excited I just about pissed myself. A Jay Leno restored 7 litre 4 speed? Are you kidding me??? Did you see how nice those bucket seats looked in leather. I need air! I will wait for these pieces to be put on the open market, and I will buy them!

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Jay is basically resto-modding a 66 Galaxie. WOW. 65/66 Galaxie owners....WE HAVE FINALLY BEEN PUT ON THE MAP. I say again...WOW. I am so excited I just about pissed myself. A Jay Leno restored 7 litre 4 speed? Are you kidding me??? Did you see how nice those bucket seats looked in leather. I need air! I will wait for these pieces to be put on the open market, and I will buy them!
...Well... there goes the neighborhood!

just as soon as a rare dog breed gets a part in a movie, everyone "Must" have one. Pretty soon the reason the dog was popular; herder, hunter, retriever, companion...etc. It starts to be inconvienient for the new owners who want a "pet" that looks like the breed, but acts like Poodle.

Pretty soon, its not like it wasn't already starting to happen ..., the price of 65 - 66 Galaxies will be as untouchable as are 63 - 64's today. So, if you have one - hang on to it, or "tart" it up as best you can and put it up for sale.

Be sure to put some wings, flares and Fart pipe mufflers on it to get the best price. Don't cry when you see it a year later and barely recognize it with all the billet, 20in wheels, mono-color bumpers, paint and anodized coated patch work improvements.

It'll be perfect then - you just don't understand the new style.

I ain't bitter ... 'um just old and set in my ways! ;)

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
"...Well... there goes the neighborhood!

just as soon as a rare dog breed gets a part in a movie, everyone "Must" have one. Pretty soon the reason the dog was popular; herder, hunter, retriever, companion...etc. "

Well, since that may be the case I'll take 25 K for my 67.
FE , is that to HIGH? LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow, you guys are gonna hate what I'm doing to mine.... lol

I just found out about this yesterday, and I was really excited to see that we were getting some positive attention.

I know how hard my brakes were, and I was not looking forward to doing the suspension.....

God forbid someone restomod a galaxie..... geeeeeeez

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I used that brand on my 90 Firebird. It was nice stuff and it fit right.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I installed all the Spohn suspension on my '66. Went on smooth and looks well built. Not spam, but if you want you can check out the install here:
FSC_08

Pages 103-106. Any questions PM me.

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't get it, why would modify a original R code?

Can't wait to read the blog on his steam engine to LPG upgrade... No wait steam engined cars are rare!

Tisk,tisk, tisk.

·
Administrator
21,887 Posts
Someone PLEASE tell me why you all Bang on Fram filters?

do they NOT filter oil after a couple day's or what?
I'm running a little late here but if you want to see a feud about Fram filters just mention you use one when posting on the twisted galaxie list. I laugh everytime it happens because it never fails to insite a riot. hahaha I forgot what the other thing was now, something else does the same thing. Cheap amusement.

I see you have gotten several replies on why not to use them. I had never heard, nor ever had any trouble with them before I first heard of it around 2001. Had run lots of Frams by that time. I guess it only takes one experience to change a person's mind and to save argument I used others now. Don't want to by lynched by the filter patrol. ;)

As for the modded '66 7 litre, although it can be changed back to it's original state, what will that do to the value of it for someone that would love to have one but as they were originally built and not want to get into the cost and time to change it back? I know they could just go buy one that hasn't been "altered" but i'm just speaking hypothetically i guess it would be called.

I understand also with money you can do what you want, it's your car do what you want with it, but in some cases i have to ask "Why?" Guess i'm kind of stuck in the old ways also. It isn't supposed to be a modern car, nor did they handle like a modern car back then, so why buy one and make it a modern car? Eh, guess it really doesn't matter, just flappin my lips as always.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I understand also with money you can do what you want, it's your car do what you want with it, but in some cases i have to ask "Why?" Guess i'm kind of stuck in the old ways also. It isn't supposed to be a modern car, nor did they handle like a modern car back then, so why buy one and make it a modern car? Eh, guess it really doesn't matter, just flappin my lips as always.
So you wouldn't want a Galaxie that can handle as well as a newer mustang?

Here's my thinking.... Anybody can buy a new Mustang or Corvette and have a nice handling streetcar, but those have no style! Galaxies were beautiful cars! One galaxie has more character than all of the Fords produced in the last ten years put together. So why not give an old gal a modern suspension/motor/brakes, and drive it like a new car? You know she'd love it.... lol.

I'm not trying to sway anybody or defend my project, I was just letting you know the reasoning behind the mentality....

21 - 40 of 59 Posts