Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
It is nice to see that Jay Leno has invested in something "underappreciated" amongst the car hobby! The ford falcon hasn't gotten enough appreciation over the years amongst all the sea of mustangs, camaros, novas, etc. until now. The popularity of this cheaper diamond in the rough is starting to show. It puts a smile on us falcon owners. I had a guy come up at a car show last year and say "There is no value in falcons?". My answer was well why not invest in the falcon. It is not about the $ in this hobby it is the expression you are making and the fun times you have with the car. Everywhere I go with my '65 falcon 2 door wagon I get nothing but thumbs up and people coming up to look at the car and ask questions!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Everywhere I go with my '65 falcon 2 door wagon I get nothing but thumbs up and people coming up to look at the car and ask questions!
...uh...

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
It is nice to see that Jay Leno has invested in something "underappreciated" amongst the car hobby! The ford falcon hasn't gotten enough appreciation over the years amongst all the sea of mustangs, camaros, novas, etc. until now. The popularity of this cheaper diamond in the rough is starting to show. It puts a smile on us falcon owners. I had a guy come up at a car show last year and say "There is no value in falcons?". My answer was well why not invest in the falcon. It is not about the $ in this hobby it is the expression you are making and the fun times you have with the car. Everywhere I go with my '65 falcon 2 door wagon I get nothing but thumbs up and people coming up to look at the car and ask questions!
I didn't buy my 63 Ranchero as an investment! I bought it to drive!! It's my daily economy ride! I get thumbs up from all kinds of people!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Jays car was almost into wheel hop it sounded like.. a set of Cal-Tracs... lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well Jay Leno don't have anything on me.

The following are pictures of my 64 Ford Falcon Sprint with a 408 stroker. I was at a car show a few months ago (It was at a Pep Boys) where Chip Foose was the guest of honor. He saw my car and signed the back of one of the photos I had. He was a great guy and spent time talking with folks.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4865/1007232.jpg
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3092/1007230t.jpg
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5461/1007224.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6968/1003995o.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9148/1003994k.jpg

bluto88

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Here is a picture of the grocery getter for you!
Beautiful 2-door!

In my day that would have made a nice go-to-the-beach (or drive-in) car... :tup:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Re: Well Jay Leno don't have anything on me.

the following are pictures of my 64 ford falcon sprint with a 408 stroker. I was at a car show a few months ago (it was at a pep boys) where chip foose was the guest of honor. He saw my car and signed the back of one of the photos i had. He was a great guy and spent time talking with folks.

bluto88
beautiful workmanship!

·
Registered
653 Posts

Once upon a time - say, 1973 - even a '65 GT350 was just an old piece of tin.

Then the real specialty items - the R-model GT350s, the Boss 429s - started to appreciate.

Then came the Boss 302s and '65-66 Shelbys and some of the more interesting later Shelbys like the GT500KR

Then came the rest of the '65-66 Mustangs and later Shelbys and the very rarest of the non-Mustangs like the Talladega Fairlanes.

Then came '67-68 Mustangs and the more interesting standard production non-Mustangs e.g. Fairlane 390GTs.

Then pretty much anything in decent shape pre-1973 with a V8.

Now we've reached the point that if you can't see through the floor it's worth $2K, and if it's anything at all even remotely unusual it might be worth several times that.

The year after I graduated from high school I could have had a Boss 302 for maybe $4-5K. I might almost have been able to do it. Stupid me.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts

Then the real specialty items - the R-model GT350s, the Boss 429s - started to appreciate.

Then came the Boss 302s and '65-66 Shelbys and some of the more interesting later Shelbys like the GT500KR

Then came the rest of the '65-66 Mustangs and later Shelbys and the very rarest of the non-Mustangs like the Talladega Fairlanes.

Then came '67-68 Mustangs and the more interesting standard production non-Mustangs e.g. Fairlane 390GTs.

Now we've reached the point that if you can't see through the floor it's worth $2K, and if it's anything at all even remotely unusual it might be worth several times that.

The year after I graduated from high school I could have had a Boss 302 for maybe $4-5K. I might almost have been able to do it. Stupid me.
When I think back of all the cars I had and the ones I could have had but didnt buy, I could retire now if I had bought them and put them away. One of my buddies that I graduated with in 1977 had the vision to do just that. The first car he bought as an investment was a 67 RS convertible 4spd camaro. It had very low miles at the time and he only drove it once that I know of. I asked why he never drove it and he told me it would be worth alot of money some day and the less miles it had the more it would be worth. At that time I thought he was nuts. Looking back he was pretty smart.

·
Registered
340 Posts

My dad used to wholesale cars. He could buy mint cindition Mustangs all day long for $500. He hates to tell the story of how he almost bought a '66 427 Cobra for $18,000. I wish I could go back to those times and bring back a couple truckloads of cars.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Judging from the looks of the lawn, I'd say Nevada. (looks like the lawn my mom has in North Vegas. Rocks.)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts