Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work with a guy who has a set of GT40P heads and some JBA Shorty headers especially for those heads and a 65 to 70 Mustang that I can get for a really good price. I have a 302 out of an 89 Grand Marquis that I want to build and put in a 64 Falcon 2 door hardtop. Does anybody know if these headers will fit in a 64 Falcon? Below is a link to the headers.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JBA/578/1650S-2/10002/-1

·
Registered
97 Posts
If memory serves me right, I tried a set about 3-4 years ago and the driver side will not fit, the collector hits the back wall of the firewall. Mustang engine bays are not the same as a Falcon. Now maybe they have modified them a bit to fit but that is what I remember. I had to return the headers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's what I'm finding out and it stinks because I could have got a good deal on them and the heads. So, other than a $600 plus set of Dougs Tri-Y headers, which is out of the question, what are the alternatives? I have read that a set of Hedman 88408 shorty's will fit and possibly some Patriot Clippster's. The Hedman's are a little over $300 which is easier to stomach. I also found these on Ebay but they are over $400.

Small Block Ford 289-302 Blockhugger Silver Coated Header Set SBF | eBay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts