Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just pulled off my holley bowls, to rebuild the thing. What shize jest should i put in? It is a 650 DP Dfeed. The jets in it now were 61. and which jets flows more gas a 60 or a 61? Just need to know if bigger # equals more gas. thanks

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
The larger the number (on the jet), the more fuel it flows.
Why are you assuming you need to go bigger? What has drawn you to this conclusion?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just can to this conclusion because you allways hear of people doing jet changes. Are these (60,61 jet sizes) just about ok for my st up?
I have a 289 flat top pistons, Windsor Jr. heads, .512 lift cam 228 duration. Roller rockers, t-5 in my 1966 mustang.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Sounds like it may be lean to me. I had to go from 68 to 74 on the primary side to cure a lean stumble off idle.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Fx, it sounds like you have had the same identical problem I have with my 4777-6. Mine would stumble coming off the line at anything less than around 3000 rpms. I tried all kinds of shooters, pump cams, 50 cc pumps and no amount of pump shot would fix it. I finally just started jetting it up 1 front and 1 back until the stumble went away. I'm up to 74 front and 79 back with a 6 1/2 front power valve. The 74's are big and will charc up the plugs a little easing it around in the pits but thats what it wants coming out of the hole to prevent the stumbles. I think the problem is caused by leaving the line with the power valve shut and it takes a moment for it to pop open at the line. I tried to run with no power valve but it was so rich it constantly blacked my plugs and I didn't like it at all that way. I would actually like to be able to switch the power valve open at the line and just run it manually, LOL. That would allow a smaller primary jet for the cruise around stuff at the track and keep the plugs cleaner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On a 650 holley double pumper,the stock jet sizes are 67 primarys and 76 secondarys.If you had a 61 primary,that's too small.Holley says, stay to a 10 jet size split from front to back if possible.Nomore than that.Soo, I would put in the STOCK jet sizes and go from there!!! I found with a really hot motor,72 or 74 jet sizes front and 80's on the rear!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts