Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
1967 FAIRLANE GT Competition Proven Car. This is the car, that took the place of the FORD THUNDERBOLT. 1967 FAIRLANE GT 427 cu.in., 9" rear with Detroit Locker and 4.56's. Way too much to list, and has 18,463 original miles on her. Kept in a climate controlled garage, and has never seen bad weather. Need to resize photo, click on garage to see photo of FAIRLANE GT 427 Comp Proven Car, Mike.

·
Registered
745 Posts
1967 FAIRLANE GT Competition Proven Car. This is the car, that took the place of the FORD THUNDERBOLT. 1967 FAIRLANE GT 427 cu.in., 9" rear with Detroit Locker and 4.56's. Way too much to list, and has 18,463 original miles on her. Kept in a climate controlled garage, and has never seen bad weather.
Any pics? Sounds like an awesome ride!

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
1967 FAIRLANE GT Competition Proven Car. This is the car, that took the place of the FORD THUNDERBOLT. 1967 FAIRLANE GT 427 cu.in., 9" rear with Detroit Locker and 4.56's. Way too much to list, and has 18,463 original miles on her. Kept in a climate controlled garage, and has never seen bad weather.
Who ever owns this car is a sad little feller.

How can someone own a piece of Ford-topia like that and only put 420 miles per year on it????

Do they dislike their car so much that they cant' stand the sight of it being on the road and enjoyed?

I'm saddened. :(

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
1967 FAIRLANE GT Competition Proven Car. This is the car, that took the place of the FORD THUNDERBOLT. 1967 FAIRLANE GT 427 cu.in., 9" rear with Detroit Locker and 4.56's. Way too much to list, and has 18,463 original miles on her. Kept in a climate controlled garage, and has never seen bad weather. Need to resize photo, click on garage to see photo of FAIRLANE GT 427 Comp Proven Car, Mike.
It sure looks like a '66 to me! Either that or the grill & headlight bezels, taillights and some other trim parts have been switched. It is a nice ride though!

Just sayin'

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
It sure looks like a '66 to me! Either that or the grill & headlight bezels, taillights and some other trim parts have been switched. It is a nice ride though!

Just sayin'

John
She is a 67, at least that's what the paperwork says. The 66 roof doesn't slant back as much, and nothing has been changed even the paint is original, Mike.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
She is a 67, at least that's what the paperwork says. The 66 roof doesn't slant back as much, and nothing has been changed even the paint is original, Mike.
My brother still owns the '66 pictured below that our dad bought new and it has the same taillights, headlights, etc. as yours. Your car even has '66 interior trim so I'm really wondering what you have. Maybe it's a very early '67 and they just used the '66 stuff before switching over. If you've ever looked at a '67 model you'll find that the taillights are much simpler, the headlight bezels are different and the trim in general is not what you have.

As you'll see the roof lines of the '66 & '67 are the same. My brothers '66 is missing some of the trim (grill badge and 500XL fender side trim) as dad took it off soon after buying the car. It actually looks exactly as it did in '66, even the wheels.

I'm not dogging your car, I think it's great, but can't help but wonder why it's so different.

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
It could be an early 67, but if you take a look at your 66 the grill is different. Some of the trim is different, because I got tired of pulling the windows up and down with a strap. So I put a complete window track with cranks and all. But I still have all the original parts, but take a look at the grills they're different. Look at the seat belts in the front, they're the lap belt without the harness. Also the front fenders are aluminum, and the bumpers are also aluminum and well polished. Even the deck lid is aluminum. I just went out to the garage, build date was August 66 but listed as a 67. My buddy has a 66 with a 390 cu.in. motor, but when we put the two side by side you'll notice some of the details different, Mike.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah those Taillights, Interior and instrument panel on Itlrun's Fairlane looks all like 66 to me. I'm no expert but do own a 66XL.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Yeah those Taillights, Interior and instrument panel on Itlrun's Fairlane looks all like 66 to me. I'm no expert but do own a 66XL.

It's weird, it has the '66 GT/A trim on the trunk as well. That would have been the normal '67 trunk logo that all '67s had.

Also the steering wheel doesn't have the mandatory '67 padding that was required by law.

Honestly, 66 or a 67... doesn't matter in my mind you lucked out ITLRUN, the '67 trim is kinda boring and the dash pad and horn pad look out of place to me in the '67 (too bulky)

It's a pretty car in a great color, to me that's what matters.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts