Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Re: July Ride Of The Month Submissions!

Here's some photos of my '62 death trap :)

The air cleaner is off my '66 but I needed something, don't doc me too many points for the mismatch. ;)

I added some new wheels, these seem to make the car pop a little more. I love the oldschool mags, but they didn't fit the direction the car is headed.

·
Registered
745 Posts

This is my 69 Mustang. It was my first car I bought back in high school and still driving it 5 years later.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts

heres mine...
second one would have been a good one if whole car was in picture...:D

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts

Here's my '65 Falcon (Engine and other specs below). I've owned it for about 12 years and have done 95% of the work myself. It was an all original car purchased from the second owner here in SoCal. I can't honestly call it a "daily driver" but it gets driven a lot - a few times a week for sure. Running to Wal-Mart, the market and just out to lunch are always fun and an occasional trip to the drags are even better.

It's been mini-tubed, runs a narrowed 9-inch and has four wheel disc brakes and sub-frame connectors. I also added a 16 gal. fuel cell, a built C4, 3000 stall TCI converter and B&M Quick Silver ratchet shifter. The rear tires are 295/50-15 on 15x10 Cragar wheels.

The motor makes around 450 HP and was built from the short block up by myself. It's a Coast High Performance "Pro Street" short block with AFR heads. The carb is a polished aluminum Proform 750 DP on an Edlebrock Performer RPM (maybe upgraded to a Victor Jr.). The shock tower supports are from Total Control Products.

The radiator is an aluminum two row cross flow from Jeg's and a mechanical fan with custom made shroud. It runs 170 all the time in 100 degree heat.

The interior was trashed when I bought it so I went with an all black reproduction interior from Dearborn Classics.

·
Registered
300 Posts

My 65 falcon 2 door sedan project:

Quick rundown of mods:

• 390fe/C6
  • Home made EFI tri-power
  • mini-tubbed
  • connected sub-frames
  • 10 point cage
  • kilduff shifter
  • Mustang II front suspension with air bags
  • Custom aluminum interior
All work done by myself in my garage or at friends places. Hoping to get it on the road this summer - same as the last 2 summers...

Pierre

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts

She is a 67, at least that's what the paperwork says. The 66 roof doesn't slant back as much, and nothing has been changed even the paint is original, Mike.
My brother still owns the '66 pictured below that our dad bought new and it has the same taillights, headlights, etc. as yours. Your car even has '66 interior trim so I'm really wondering what you have. Maybe it's a very early '67 and they just used the '66 stuff before switching over. If you've ever looked at a '67 model you'll find that the taillights are much simpler, the headlight bezels are different and the trim in general is not what you have.

As you'll see the roof lines of the '66 & '67 are the same. My brothers '66 is missing some of the trim (grill badge and 500XL fender side trim) as dad took it off soon after buying the car. It actually looks exactly as it did in '66, even the wheels.

I'm not dogging your car, I think it's great, but can't help but wonder why it's so different.

John

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Administrator Phil,

If by some chance we land in a 14 way tie do we all win the prize? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am sure we can accommodate. Otherwise we settle it with a game of rock paper scissors?

heh heh I suppose I can hold off for the "Ties decided via submission based combat" Until the August round then.

:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.