Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has just bought this 63 Galaxie 500 XL convertible with a 390.
It has been in storage for the last 13 years so the pictures show the accumulation of years of dust.

Overall it runs and should be decently driveable with a little elbow grease.
It was restored about 30 years ago with the new interior and paint.
It doesn't have any body rust but does show the years.
The paint looks good and the interior looks good, just needs cleaning and polishing. The top needs a new rear window and the previous owner is swapping out the carb for the original.
The previous owner put in a 4 speed so the shifter is missing a cover on the floor

So is $8K a good price to buy this car for? He did get a bunch of extra 63 Galaxie parts with it and some additional things like new disk brakes for the Galaxie that he will have installed.

What does everyone think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
looks like it will clean up real nicely ....
and if it does... 8K is a fair deal....

I love to see some pic's after clean up....;)

·
Administrator
21,757 Posts
Looks great to me, little clean up and she'll be ready to roll. Tell the era it was redone with that diamond tuck and roll style interior. :) Can probably make a cover for the console, the nice thing is they left the console in there. Was the steering wheel changed or the whole column on that? Definitely can't wait to see it all cleaned up!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think $8k is a great price to pay... as long as there's not too much money in it that your Dad has to spend. If it all cleans up good and is only dusty, then I think your on a winner. Definitly can't wait for pictures of it all cleaned up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information, I will post some pictures as it gets cleaned up and back into driving condition.

The steering wheel had been changed but the original was included with the purchase, but it is red so needs to be redone in black to match the car now.

It will be fun to share the transformation as just a bucket of water and elbow grease should do wonders for this car.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
It looks kinda like the edelbrock F427 intake on there.

·
Administrator
21,757 Posts
I paid $3500 for my XL 390. Got the typical rust in it, nothing I can't handle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I remember these pics as you have the same truck we have minus camper shell and the grill and running boards are different. :) I'm not good at years though, ours is an '01. I see how yours squats with a normal car trailer, our poor thing was on the ground with the bob cat trailer we hauled my '64 with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts