Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this baby for $400 needs floor pans, door panels, front seat and a few other odds and ends. Not sure how its being redone yet... thinking of a rat rod type... old owner put in a brand new gas tank, starter, brakes, brake lines, distributor, cap, rotor, points, condenser. Got it running and it runs very well! ill get some more pics when i get a chance!

Hole in the floor...

some of the body rust.

Dent!

Scored these tires today for $40 bias ply!

Got bored decited to pint the roof.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics! ill get my camera over there when i get time!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also looking for taillight lenses and the chrome peice that goes at the upper passenger side of the windsheild

·
Registered
340 Posts
Congrats! My favorite year falcon.

Reproduction tail light lenses are available and fairly cheap. I might have an extra windshield trim piece laying around. You are talking about the corner piece that covers the screw, right? I'll take a look and see soon as I have some time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I've been looking. I like how the nose flows over the grill unlike the 62's. yeah it's the corner piece that covers the screws for the side and top molding. Also need this chrome pieces that hold the door panel on the drivers front door. I snapped some more pics today. Just waiting to get home to put them on here.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah I've been looking. I like how the nose flows over the grill unlike the 62's. yeah it's the corner piece that covers the screws for the side and top molding. Also need this chrome pieces that hold the door panel on the drivers front door. I snapped some more pics today. Just waiting to get home to put them on here.
Thought I could get those for you too. Then I remembered you have a 4 door and the ones I know of are from a 2 door.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Looks quite a bit nicer than mine! Hopefully someday mine will be up to par.
Oh... Er.... Um..... You're going to have to work fairly hard at that goal...

This is her as she sits after a 28 day restoration I did about 4 years ago..

And I have windshield or rear window trim available somewhere in my shop... I think...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh... Er.... Um..... You're going to have to work fairly hard at that goal...

This is her as she sits after a 28 day restoration I did about 4 years ago..

And I have windshield or rear window trim available somewhere in my shop... I think...
I don't think I'm gonna restore it to original since they made 150k+ of this car. Might be more of a cruiser

·
Registered
340 Posts
Could they be cut to fit? Since its for a front door it might just be longer?
Maybe. But you should be able to find them in a wrecking yard some place.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
I don't think I'm gonna restore it to original since they made 150k+ of this car. Might be more of a cruiser
They didn't make nearly as many of mine, it's a very rare 61 Falcon 4 door Deluxe. That trim package only available in 61 I believe, and boy is it nice when it's shined up.

I modded mine as you can tell the color is off. I have an 8" 77 Granada rear end, I have an 87 T-5 tranny, and Bucket seats so darn adjustable a man 6'7 can drive comfortably and a person 5.1 can drive it comfortably.

Very nice driver I think :)

I think yours is going to be awesome with a V8 and some tires smoking!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought about hopping up a 302 and slapping it in there with a nice ratchet shifter. I can get a 351 and trans ridicously cheap but don't want to do that much work to make it fit. It will most likely keep the original drivetrain for the first year or so while I build up my parts for a swap.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts