Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have done them months ago, but as usual we procrastinated. Anyway I am getting back 857$. I think I will do my bonus room and then have my house appraised so I can ditch the mortgage insurance.

What did you guys do with your refund?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
After giving the other 1/2 some, I ordered my CSI Waterpump. Holy Sh*t, ain't cheap but good insurance.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
REFUND? Did I hear someone say REFUND?

I've paid the treasury over $20,000.00 so far and still have to send another $1,200.00

Hmmm ... But then I'm self employed ... Not a lot of sense in being in a position to get a refund.

God ... I do hope they spend it well

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
you gotta get a better accountant! I run my own business, but as I sponsor a racecar (did I mention my 54
my girl wrote off everything. But in january, finishing my 2000 taxes, I owed $5,700 but the cops recovered my briefcase that was stolen last year (along with a digital camera, 35mm camera, wallet with $7,000US,7 5/8 Stetson ) inside that case was $16,850 worth of receipts.
Nice!!!
And another plus, the government up here finally realized that I didn't owe them $37,900 in GST (Goods & Services Tax) and sent me a nice check yesterday for $9,930.44 (interest to come, they say) that is already spent. Now don't get pissed at me, or think I am bragg'n as alot of this refund is due to me being on compensation with an injury and they would not accept that and kept charging me.
Fred

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I don't think another accountant would change anything.

I take every deduction I "legitimately" can, and have zero desire to get too deep into "fringy" stuff. Last thing I need or want is a battle with the IRS.

Besides I have about four or five IRS "Special Agents" as customers. I might look a little foolish having them show up at my door to do their business ... If you know what I mean

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Fred, I just realized I need more for the Holleys then previously stated.lol. Money order is cool, credit card works and good old cash rocks.lol.

Rick

·
Registered
660 Posts
I owe I owe....

My wife started a business this year so I guess I saw it coming. Forgot about estimated quarterly taxes though, there goes my budget.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Im not getting much, but I think I'm going to buy a helmet.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My first full year in business. I hired a new accountant this year after wondering how smart the last one was.

My new acc. was told "Make my quarterly estimates extremely heavy. I don't want to pay taxes."

I just wrote a check for $2274 to the IRS. It was everthing I had and I'm completely broke and pissed.

My new acc. developed cancer and now I have been reasighned to another new acc. I can't even yell at anyone without feeling guilty.

Oh well, I've learned my lesson, I'll be taking care of my estimates myself from now on.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I filed mine early, got my $1173 back last week. Of course I allready managed to spend it all, it went to my car and my girl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts