Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Ford Falcon Futura
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a svo boss block engine in my car. It has a 310 long rod set up now. It has all fordged DSS crank ,5.4 rods and pistons. I was thinking could I just bore it out to .125 over and still use the crank and rods. If so what would be the cu ins? Would it be worth the money and time?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I calculate about a 329cid if you are presently at 310cid with 4.0 bores.

4.125 bore would probably require sleeves but i don't know for sure.

Reactions: extech

·
Registered
1965 Ford Falcon Futura
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With this block it can be over bored to 4.125 . Ford sells a 363 stroker that uses this SVO Boss block. They use the 347 stroker kit with a 4.125 bore. I just hate to remove the crank that's in it. It's a forged DSS with forged 5.4 rods and forged pustons By DSS.I was thinking at a later date when it needs freshened up would it be worth the money to bore it out . I think maybe when that time comes I will go with the full 363 stroker kit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
forged rods and pistons can handle a little boost. Thought about turbo or paxton?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
You could re-use the 5.4 rods in the 363 and you could sell the DSS 302 crank and then get a 3.4 stroke crank and new pistons and have yourself a 363. I would be tempted to do this instead of tearing it apart just to overbore it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts