392 crank
ARP rod and head bolts
HV oil pump
ARP oil pump driveshaft
CC XE274H cam and lifters
double roller timing gears and chain
RPM intake
1 5/8 headman swap headers

I allready have edelbrock heads and scorpion roller rockers.
I can't wait untill I get this baby together next week. Sooner or later 425 hp wont be enough and I might need a pair of vic Jr.s.

I am proud of myself, I went from a 200 horse 289 to an alluminum headed 392 for less than $2,500.
Wish me luck breaking this monster in!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Sounds good. What kind of block are you using? Oops, went back to your post on tech board and found it. Man, I'm sure you're gonna love the torque!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fxcomet on 3/26/02 7:19am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The torque is what scares me.

I need to buy a shift kit for my tranny and I really need to do something about those 6.5" wide tires in the back. Hopefully this summer when I am working I can get a nice set of torque thrusts, and a locker.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Nice combo Chris. Ya know if you leave those rear tires on, with your set up it won't be long before you have to replace them!

Torque Thrust and traction loc are required if you want to be a club member. Make sure you port match the header flange to the head ports. As mentioned many times on this board, the KB's require the rings to be gapped relatively wide. Read the instructions.

Now the hard part, awaiting the arrival from UPS. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SawBones I know the headers are a little small, but I will nerer have it over 6K and my heads aren't huge. Also its really hard to beat$105 for 1 5/8" long tubes.

Once I figure what to do about ignition and when the block gets back from the shop I'll let you guys know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts