Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let my 3 dogs out of pen to run around. A blue pit, collie and lab. They ran around and around a big tree in my yard chasing something. I called them to stop and the pit ran in the house, other 2 chasing her. The pit was doing her best not to let the other 2 get what she had as they went by me in the house. I turned the 2 outside and let the pit stay in house to see what she had. She walked up to me , laid down and opened her mouth real gentle . A small dove she dropped and nosed the bird over to me, wagged her tail and stood up looking at me, then the bird. This must have gone on for 5 minuites till I saw the bird that had been in her mouth. The dove was not even wet nor hurt in any way for pit was so careful in not hurting it. As she nosed the bird it flew around the room as pit just watched me catch it. Placed the bird in a box. Pit looked in box , looked at me wagging her tail. I wander what the dog was thinking and if she was trying to protect the bird from the other 2 dogs? Anyway I could not get bird to eat so I turned it loose in the woods beside a creek, nature will have to do the rest for I didnot know what nest bird fell from. When I went to the woods I let the pit go and see when I turned bird loose. Wagging her tail she watched it fly clumsly into the trees. Just a cool read I thought I would share on another subject , funny animals.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
That is a neat little story. I wonder if pit enjoyed watching dad catch the bird. lol The poor doggie in the seat laying down looks plum tuckered out! As for the pit, the blue is such a pretty color. Sounds like they had some fun.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That dog that looks tuckered out is probably the best dog one could ever have. A yellow lab in the picture was 16 years old at the time. A employ years ago had him on a chain. I took him a snack every morning and afternoon trying to get him to come to me. After 2 weeks or so I stepped on his chain and walked to where he was. He was so scared, shaking so I let him be. They asked if I wanted him, he was probably a year old and I said yes if they put him in my truck. Took me a few weeks feeding him to come to me for they beat him when he barked. Kelp him in a large pen till he got use to me. He went to work with me for 15 years even when I worked in mountains. He stayed inside a log cabin where we stayed. I almost got locked up when a crack head neighbor shot him in leg, at vet and 1500 bucks to recover to remove his entire leg but he got use to it, never bothered him. If I was on top of a ladder he would climb it even with 3 legs. His last 3 weeks of life I still took him to work , laid on a blanket in back of my truck and watched us work. Used his one leg to paw and I let him down for a while, then put him back. That dog ate at hardees, burger king and such when we pulled through drive through waiting his burgers out the truck window. He would sit on curb waiting for dinner truck to get his sandwitches I would buy them, man could not sell for a quarter apiece everyday, got a pint of milk in morning and sat in a seat belt.Rode 1000 miles probably on a golf cart at beach and stood on front of boat barking as we went off shore. His life I had him he never went lacking for a thing and pampered so my wife said. Tuckered out ? probably but a VERY fruitful life. He was 17 when he died in my house on his pillow.:cry:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dog in truck beside the lab my youngest daughter brought her to me one day crying. She had been seeing the dog at a house on a chain with no dog house and it was rainning. She stopped and knocked on the door and stated she would take the dog or report him whatever he wished. He gave the dog to my kid.The dog could not stand up , so skinny. A chain was inbeded around her neck so tight in her hair I had to cut it off with plyers in her skin. Eat up with flees near dead I gave her 3 baths , gave her a few shots and vitamins for she would not eat, never wagged her tail. After she finally could hold food down I took her to vet for shots , got her on heart meds. Now she goes with me alot as well and weighs now 68 pounds. Her name is Daisy :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I am just one dog short of a dog pound, lol Takes alot to feed them and most are rescue dogs. Vet said I cannot save them all. Ones in a large pen get out every evening, have a big fan blowing on them, every month all gets front line , once a week all gets baths after they load up in back of my truck for a swim at the river. Take turns taking 2 at a time with us at beach house , they never fight each other. They all line up to get 2 arby burgers apiece waiting their turn. No sad dogs at this house FE, I like dogs better than most people.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Very nice post as FE said.

Just as well JC didn't write it, because it would be 3 pages long. Just don't tell him I said that. :) Hahaha.....

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Very cool. My dogs have done similar things. You can see them thinking and smiling. Much like little kids. Wonderful. Thanks for the story.

David

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
So sad and happy at the same time! I just don't understand how people can keep any animal they treat that way. My dogs are spoiled but not as much as yours! lol

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So sad and happy at the same time! I just don't understand how people can keep any animal they treat that way. My dogs are spoiled but not as much as yours! lol
Not gona say how much spoiled but they do get their teeth brushed. If you bring a dog back from near dead they will give you years of company and smiles through the years.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice post as FE said.

Just as well JC didn't write it, because it would be 3 pages long. Just don't tell him I said that. :) Hahaha.....
Dan you still want those pistons you have to give me a address where to send them to. You can have them, Cannot be much to send. I can ask the speed shop what they are, he ordered them a few years back.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Dan you still want those pistons you have to give me a address where to send them to. You can have them, Cannot be much to send. I can ask the speed shop what they are, he ordered them a few years back.
I think you have the wrong person.
I don't know anything about any pistons.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think you have the wrong person.
I don't know anything about any pistons.

I am sorry Dan, it was the other DanH that wanted them. A couple maybe bent , maybe not but brand new in box, I didnot need them.Was hoping someone could use them and I had been talking to DanH.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I need some steenking peestons if you're just tossing them about. My 390 will need restored sooner or later. :)

FE if you didnot live so far away you could just throw your whole 390 away and I have one that will stomp the ground fixing to take apart to use some stuff out of it. I got a few 390s, sold a couple few weeks back. I really need to be saving them. Donot make fe motors anymore.

If the 406 does not sale at carlises gona put it in a buddys car. I always wandered how much a 406 could stand before it let loose. We may find out.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I am sorry Dan, it was the other DanH that wanted them. A couple maybe bent , maybe not but brand new in box, I didnot need them.Was hoping someone could use them and I had been talking to DanH.
That's OK, I can see why you made the mistake. We are both very good looking. :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's OK, I can see why you made the mistake. We are both very good looking. :)
DanH is in New york , you will have to swim a ways , I should of caught that . Anyway while you are here pet your dog, if you donot have a dog get one. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts