Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Just found this out!!

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  82GT 
#1 ·
I've been recently told that there is a chassis dyno not far from where I live! (about 30 minutes)!
It's $75 for three pulles and $100/hr if I want it tuned, which I should have done.
How long does it take to "tune" a car on the dyno? It could get really expensive if I'm there all day!

#2 ·
I'd ask around first about their knowledge and past history first.

Those guys (chassis dyno operators) can really wreck things...and have.

Cris

#4 ·
Well, that's the thing....I guess from what I heard, it hasn't been opened very long. Not that that means anything but that's a good point you brought up.

#5 ·
Do those rates seem reasonable?

#6 ·
pretty good rates, probably close to what you would find elsewhere. I paid $125 for 2 hours of tuning which included 6 pulls. I had to do the jet/timing changes myself but the dyno operator told me what jets/timing to set it at. Money well spent and I think I got an awesome deal. I called another shop and they wanted $300 for the same thing

#8 ·
On 2006-11-24 14:08, 393Clevor wrote:
where is this at? same price where I whet...I went for the tune but is was right on no need to tough a thing, but the primary squirter.
It's in a small town near my area called Berwick, Pa.

#10 ·
I have to find out where exactly this place is at. I only found out through a member on another board, who lives in that area. He's "supposed" to be getting the number and address for me.

#12 ·
The advice given is good. It should give you a good idea of how well your car is dialed in. It will not tell you how fast your car will be. It is a tuning tool. Nothing more.

500 rwhp cars on a dyno that run a 108mph 1/4 mile. Well on that day and that run, that's all it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 289nate on 11/25/06 12:22pm ]</font>

#13 ·
Try to dial in the car as much as you can first....you'll save some money!!
If its way off, then it takes longer to bring it into range of happy operation.
Bring things with you....extra jets, carb gaskets, plugs, cap , rotor, oil, trans fluid, etc.
You get the picture....be prepared for the unexpected.

#15 ·
I think it's pretty much dialed in....I think! I already know what it runs in the 1/4 I'm more interested in how much hp/torque I'm putting down and maybe try a few fine tuning things such as jets, timing, etc.
If/when I get new heads, I can go back and compare numbers and dial them in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.