Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the email of my Marti for my 70 Mach I.Everything was about as expected except the trans option.It is or was a 351C 4V car but I assumed it was a 4 speed car and it came up as a 3 speed car with not many options.Kind of odd someone would order a non a/c 4V Cleveland car with an open 3.25 gear 9" and a three speed manual tranny. I at least think I got the correct heads in the deal as the car was built Oct of 69 which match the heads in my garage.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah,just seems strange someone would order it as a Mach I with a 4V Cleveland and not get a four speed.It's going back together with a four speed.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
That's the same deal with my Cougar, which was a "loss leader". In other words, it was a car used to advertise in the local paper/radio/TV as "ONLY $XXXX.00 FOR A BRAND NEW MUSTANG MACH 1 AT BLAHBLAH FORD!!!". Once in a while, they are also found as contest prize cars. My daughter had one of those cars too. Absolute bare minimums for the smallest advertised price or least investment for prizes.

David

PS: Loss leader cars are rather rare, but not in a way that makes them valuable.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.Never heard of the loss leader thing.Would kind of make sense with the early production of Oct.69.Not really worried about how rare it is since I've wanted a 70 Mach since I was a kid and plan to put it back as a 70s street strip car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts