Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched a very afraid of me older gentleman in my rearview, slam his Denali into the ass end of my beloved Aunt Sue. I nearly strangled the man in front of God and everyone. Any suggestions on where to get a new bumper?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
For the Denali? Because we don't know what type of car you have;)

Let me guess was he on his phone?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Just watched a very afraid of me older gentleman in my rearview, slam his Denali into the ass end of my beloved Aunt Sue. I nearly strangled the man in front of God and everyone. Any suggestions on where to get a new bumper?
I have a rear bumper for a 63 Ford Galaxie 500. It needs rechromed. A THAUGHT..

·
Registered
718 Posts
also check Faith Plating in los angeles. FP puts a cooper base on b 4 the chrome goes on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I purchased my 61 in Dec. and it has nice bumpers but one has a little peeling. I wished I could remember where I saw this, but I was just googling around and came accross a guy that had most year Galaxie rechromed bumpers front and rear. Don't know if you are looking for a core to chrome, a nice driver or take a chance on a prechromed one, but they are out there and his price wasn't too bad.
Last summer in my 60 Plymouth wagon, I got rear ended. Kid was on my ass and i knew he would have problems stopping. Sure enough, I had to stop fast and screech-bang! He had a BRAND NEW Camaro[7 miles] and was returing to his dad's Chevy dealership just up the road after a "test drive". We went to the dealership and exchanged info. Honestly, my bumper was a little loose and wound upslightly out of place, but I had a trailor hitch and TORE HIS PLASTIC FRONT END UP! I had to put one new bolt on the hitch and realign the bumper but none the worse for ware.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are going to purchase a rechromed bumper, make sure you inspect it well. Look for the flaking of plating along the edges, plating over pits. if the bumper looks yellow, then it has poor plating as you are viewing Nickel flash. This will be more prevalent in the tight areas, like around the license plate area. I am not impressed with Bumper Boyz stuff. How bad is your bumper bent? It can be straightened. If it was a good core it is worth looking into, as a purchased rechrome might have been a rusted hunk before. If you want to rechrome yourself, contact Keystone plating. It is the best, they are in MN.

Tom

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Insurance dude is in the driveway cutting me a check as we speak. Hopefully it's big enough to get a front also!!
I actually watched this idiot via the rearview, looking down at his phone til 2 seconds before impact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts