Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i went and done it again,,just picked up this 2 door 64 today,,not a xl but thats ok too..it came factory with a 289 but it has a 390 with a com tranny,,stock 390 with a eldebrock 650 on it,,real straight body hardly no rust,interior is in real good shape,,only thing i could find wrong with the ol girl is the driver and passenger floor pans are kinda soft but other then that she's solid..wife only took one pic but thats more than i too
k.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Cool car. What are your plans for it?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
That will make one hell of a LIGHTWEIGHT drag car or street sleeper...:tup:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Ya' know something? That two door post custom roof line is looking good to me. Now I am jealous... :cry:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nice Find! But I might be a bit biased, teehee. Enjoy your new 'baby', woohoo!

"If I could remember my dreams, they'd be in color I bet - Guardsman Blue! " LOL

RE: well i went and done it again,,just picked up this 2 door 64 today...........

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, she will be in good company as soon as we get the 62 back.All my buddy's keep asking we how u guna drive all them rides? I said the 49 f1 on Friday, the 64 on sat, and the 62 on sunday.. I will post up a few more pics of the 64 soon....

·
Registered
336 Posts
+1 on the street sleeper. Get some original dog dish caps, soup the motor up and have fun!!!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
If you want to have a serious street sleeper better put a 900HP rat motor in that heavy car. A 390, 406 or 427 won't get the job done.
These new mustangs,camaros and chargers will wax you.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA, kultulz said Lightweight in reference to a 64 Galaxie!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
If you want to have a serious street sleeper better put a 900HP rat motor in that heavy car. A 390, 406 or 427 won't get the job done.

These new mustangs,camaros and chargers will wax you.
It is just begging for a 460 upgrade... :tup:

Below is a 63 but a 64 done in this fashion would be one nice sleeper.

EDIT

Adding 64 LIGHTWEIGHT Photo-

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What do u guys think I should get the 460 out of??? And what's your opinion on what to do to it ,, like lower it or stay at normal height ,, low rod or hot rod..What u guys think

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is an old carb 460 better then a new fi 460 for the 64?Stronger, weaker,Better, which would u use?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would stick with an FE based build. Search the fe forum and fe power for mild to wild combinations.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I made my mind up and we are going to go this weekend and check out a 460 and c6 I hope it's what the guy says it is.. So lets cross our fingers and hope he's not BSn

1 - 19 of 19 Posts