Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New to here and new to owning a Galaxie convertible 390 4bbl.

Just purchased this weekend and I would like to know about installing rear seat belts?

I know there are generic belts i can buy, but are there holes already under the rear seat to bolt them too? or can i just drill and install? do i need to weld a plate? i have a young child and want to have some safety in the back for him

also, where can i purchase a shop book, something like a Chiltons, unable to find them?

Any other comments and suggestions on ownership would be great!

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hello welcome to the site, I saw this gal on Craigslist as I too am from the mitten. It's a good looking car. To get to the rear seat belts you have to pull the bottom of the rear seat and you will see the threaded holes that the seat belt bolts screw into, they are built right into the body of the car. I also bought a 67 shop book off ebay for like 20 bucks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thank you - where about are you? i am in Royal Oak, would like to meet and talk with people about these cars. Always been a classic fan and finally bought one.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am from the Ypsilanti area, if she is road ready and dependable there is a really nice car show in depot town in ypsilanti that is put on by the car club that I'm apart of. All proceeds go to local charities is just a cool show if the weather is nice plus I would love to check our your new car. I can be some help with the 67s as I have has most of mine blown apart but do not know much about the covetable portions tho.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't know if you're still looking or not but I just happened across these manuals on eBay. Seems like a pretty fair price as long as they're not falling apart.

1967 Ford Manuals

I think I paid around $35-$40 for mine.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Great thanks, are these the same ones you purchased?
Yes. When I purchased the service manual, I didn't get the maintenance manual with it that the ebay seller is throwing in. Pictured below is the manuals I currently have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
I've got the Shop Manual and I have a Jim Osborn Wiring Diagram Manual which gets even more use. only $6.
Product List:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts