Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been in the market for a '69 or '70 and finally came across this '69 with a 429 2bbl. ...auto trans with the buckets and a the three spoke wheel. It's pretty ugly with the orange painted mag covers, but it's all there. It needs a serious cleaning, but is solid underneath. Went to Denver (from Chicago) to get it.

I'm gonna need a front disc brake set-up and panels for the outer quarters. ...and a small spot in the bottom of the trunk. Besides Thunderbird and Galaxie Sheet Metal (for the quarters), does anyone know who makes a trunk pan for this year???

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,922 Posts
Nice find! And agree on that orange! ew

I did a search for trunk pan but only found up to '68. Might have to find a junkyard or a seller on ebay parting one out that might sell a trunk pan if it's good.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Administrator
21,922 Posts
They don't have a trunk floor but you can compare prices. Mill Supply i think supplies a lot of the other vendors with patch panels.

Ford Cars Repair Panels

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Cool find, haven't been checking the ads locally so I didn't see that one (not that I'm looking for another project right now).

Just out of curiosity, were you in Sidney, NE when you took that picture, looks familiar. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
J3Gibbon-Sorry about that. Were you the pilot that the owner was talking to?

Fordman289-Yes, that picture was taken in the parking lot of a steak restaurant in Sidney Ne.

...man, small world we live in?!

Mark

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Hi all,

I've been in the market for a '69 or '70 and finally came across this '69 with a 429 2bbl. ...auto trans with the buckets and a the three spoke wheel. It's pretty ugly with the orange painted mag covers, but it's all there. It needs a serious cleaning, but is solid underneath. Went to Denver (from Chicago) to get it.

I'm gonna need a front disc brake set-up and panels for the outer quarters. ...and a small spot in the bottom of the trunk. Besides Thunderbird and Galaxie Sheet Metal (for the quarters), does anyone know who makes a trunk pan for this year???

Thanks,

Mark
I have a 70 Sportsroof I'd be interested in selling some sheet metal off of for yours. The trunk floor is good too. I also have the disc brake spindles and rotors,etc.
Might be cheaper buying the whole car! Lol. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well u win some and u lose some. I have found a few 70xl that I am looking at but the checking account keeps getting hammered by a kitchen remodel.

ANYONE needing parts or a parts car I have a 70 ltd with a bad frame. I just redid the rear brake lines and the 351w was a recent rebuild so if u are looking for parts I might just start taking her apart.

Anyone with a 69 or 70 xl for sale under 2000 let me know.

·
Registered
159 Posts
And yes I am the pilot. I work for a regional airline so I am tracking cars all over the place just trying tiger the right car at the right price with the right amount of work.

If I hear of any looking to go to scrap or just parts I will try to post them in the proper section.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.