Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take your kids and go see this movie. It has so much there for the car buff I cant even explain. The sentiment in it put a lump in my throat more than a few times. GO SEE IT and DONT wait till it appears in the rental stores!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
It was an awesome movie.The King was my favorite since I grew up watching Richard Petty in the seventies and eighties.I agree,pack up the kids,and go seeit.If you don't have kids,it doesn't matter,watch it anyway.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I haven't went to see it yet but sure been picking up "mater" trucks everywhere. Saw they had him, the Hudson and Lightning in with the everready multi pack batteries and although I'm a duracell person I had to have the "mater"!

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is a great movie...the only one I have ever gone to see three times!
A lot of research was done for this movie too. Many true Route 66 road side attractions are cleverly hidden in the film. The background of the town Radiator Springs is actually a re-creation of the Cadilliac Ranch. Ramone's Paint & Body Shop is actually the Do-Drop Inn from Shamrock Texas. Sally's Cozy Cone Motel is a variation of the WigWam Hotel in Holbrook Arizona, to name a few.
The cars movie doesn't get the credit it deserves. Few people realize how much Americana/Contemporary History is depicted in Cars.
There are some really funny Pixar gags hidden in the picture too. Did you see the Pizza Planet Truck (from Toy Story) in the crowd at the final race?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I saw it when it came out a couple of months ago, and I agree that there is alot of hidden stuff that only a car buff would know about. I like the '65 or so Galaxie that was Mario Andretti, talk about cool.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Doc Hudson rules! When I watched him transform into one of the Fabulous Hudson Hornet stock cars, I shed a tear or two..
So far, I've got two of the McD's Doc Happy Meal 'Docs" and plan to buy some diecasts. You had to read quickly, but in the closing credits of 'Cars' Humpy Wheeler and many of the other longtime NASCAR drivers, owners and historians had a large part in the making of this movie.

'Cars' is now on my Top 10 list of favorite movies. I'll buy the DVD the minute t hits the stores.

Jan

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I haven't seen the movie but Mater is my favorite right now. So when ever I see a Mater somewhere I have to have it. Bought an 8 pack of Everready batteries (which i don't like that well) just so I could have Mater and then got the Hudson also. They have a huge remote control Mater also (probably the other cars I would think also). I was pointing it out to my husband saying awwww looooook and this lady went by and said admit it, you want it. Yes I do!
Don't know what I would do with it though.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
On 2006-08-10 19:18, Cupcake65 wrote:
I saw it when it came out a couple of months ago, and I agree that there is alot of hidden stuff that only a car buff would know about. I like the '65 or so Galaxie that was Mario Andretti, talk about cool.
That's supposed to be a 67 fairlane.Mario won the daytona 500 in the same car...Lots of neat little stuff like that in this movie.

·
Registered
194 Posts
CARS IS VERY GOOD BUT ,RICKY BOBBY RULES! IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YER LAST! see it with friends the second time,we have already started saying lines from the movie at work,its TOO MUCH-LOL!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
On 2006-08-11 13:12, frdnut wrote:
That's supposed to be a 67 fairlane.Mario won the daytona 500 in the same car...Lots of neat little stuff like that in this movie.
Early NASCAR trivia question....... Mario's Fairlane was later reskinned as a '71 Montego, raced by one of NASCAR's biggest winners and is restored as the #95 Montego today.

Who was it's second driver?

Jan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts