Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my current setup is granada. these calipers (comonly known as big 4piston) will not fit my granada spindles. So I was wondering if the early 1964 or so t-bird spindles will fit my stang?? does any one know???? thanks chris

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
The caliper style you have is the four piston KELSEY-HAYES. They were held to the 65/67 MUST spindle (origional and heavier service upgrade) with a separate caliper mount. So an orgional set of spindles along with the mounting brackets will be the quickest to get you out of this bind.

Now, the trick back then was to mount BIRD calipers and rotors to the MUST as the pistons and rotor diameter were larger.

Now that being said, it may be a possibility those brackets may go to the GRANADA spindle. Never tried it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cobraautomotive sells the brackets to mount these larger kelsy hayes calipers to the early mustang spindles (they call the the 4 bolt spindles) I was wondering if the t-bird spindles would fit my stang w/out changing ball joint ,tie rod or any suspension geometry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts