Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Octoberish we took the 289 to have rebuilt...this was the last time it has run right so far...Well after a few machine shop delays we finally got it finished. Got it back an before we got it in...the oil pan was leaking. Had to un do it and fix that. Then we got everything in the car finally and crunk it up. Damn cheap starter was messin up...i guess ffom the 11:1 cr. So CVR starter we bought fixed that problem. Had charging problem...wirtes switched around. Then this awfull clanking noice starts. Finally chased it down to the spacer plate b/t the engine and tranny. It had gotten bent and the weight on the flexplate was hitting it. So drop all that stuff to replace it and there is a ticking noise now. We didnt know what it was. Took carb off to builder so he could clean it and he came back with it and we put it on. Started the motor so he could listen to it. Took off a valve cover to see if a rocker had come off. No but a valve retainer was about to! Yikes. Almost dropped a valve. So tommorrow hes gonna replace the retainer and hopefully for the first time in 7-8 months the stang will be reliable. Pray for me as i will update this. So i wouldnt feel to bad if a couple things go wrong with your build.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts