Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
I've got a D&D but its my own belief that UPR or QA1 are of better quality.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZephyrZ7 on 7/7/06 6:27am ]</font>

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just bought a QA1, very nice piece. I had a D&D on an 89 coupe, it was the biggest piece of S##t I ever saw. The control arms never lined up correctly and it beat itself to death in no time, JMHO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What if I am gonna install a 460 BB. Which company makes K members for that.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Maximum Motorsports builds a great K-member that is strong. You get what you pay for. However, I don't know if you have to have a special K-Member to run a 460. I know a 460 will fit in a Mustang with no problem. I always thought you just purchased custom motor mounts. Try J Bittle in San Diego and when you get that monster in there take it easy in the corners. Happy Hot Roddin!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I did a bit of research and decided on the D&D (a close second is Anthony Jones) were the best for my application.
My reasoning is that D&D offers the mild steel which is better for the daily grind of a street car & can accecpt the stock lower control arms which are simply tougher for street use. I do not want the complication and major cost of going coil over, and the comparatively cheaper new Ford lower A arms are much superior compared to the stock units.... which are all old and beat to hell by now... there are so many choices for springs and struts when you keep the stock setup. Its just that its better for me, I don't know your goals. My goals are for it to be 1)tough for street use for a long time 2)maybe get a little weight reduction 3)get plenty of extra clearance 4)looks pretty sweet and quite strong

UPR or QA1 are of better quality
I have heard that too, and I believe it, but I think you HAVE to go coil over for both of these & MM, additionally I think it is the MM that sets your two front wheels forward and it just looks weird...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 67fastback on 7/29/06 10:48am ]</font>

·
Registered
417 Posts
Freddie, did you have the chrome molly (brittle) D&D unit?
Did you go tubular A arms?
When did you buy your unit?
Just wondering..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Q-A 1 can use stock control arms. I run one on my mustang with an FE.you don't need a special one for a 460,They make kits to install a 460 with the stock k-member.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 91 GT that has a 514 in it, I used the D&D K member. I however ran into big problems when I used the swap motor mounts. I had to use motor plates in order to get enough clearance for the headers. The next problem I ran into after putting in the plate was the factory rack was to large in diameter and I had to switch to a Flaming River rack. Also with a 460 you mostly likely will not be able to run power brakes with the factory booster. Lots of fun stuffing an engine in a compartment that was never intended to hold it. Good Luck,

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts