Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65 galaxie with a 289 engine and just replaced my 2 barrel with a 4 barrel 650 holley quadrajet. Problem is I cant connect the kick down to the throttle and also when I got the gas cable connected to the throttle my gas pedal would stick after pushed on it. Is there any way to rig something up to connect everything.Thanks

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I have a 65 galaxie with a 289 engine and just replaced my 2 barrel with a 4 barrel 650 holley quadrajet. Problem is I cant connect the kick down to the throttle and also when I got the gas cable connected to the throttle my gas pedal would stick after pushed on it. Is there any way to rig something up to connect everything.Thanks
They make kick down rod extenders for this purpose. Check the Holley web site, accessories page for a possible solution.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I'll throw my 2 cents worth in too. The Lokar kickdown kit and throttle cable is well worth the investment.

It was easy to install and is easy to adjust. And it looks cool.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Using lokar kick down, will adapt to just about any set up, great stuff.
didn;t have any Lokar throttle kits in stock so we pulled the gas pedal, throttle cable & brackets off a 80's maybe early 90;s mustang & it works great, simple install again. Just did another on my 63 F'lane, pedal/floor bracket cable from a Cougar of unknown year but the same set up as off the Stang. I think ford used this pedal, throttle cable pedal monut on allot of their mid size vehicles

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
For throttle cables, the Spectre kit at Auto Zone is not a bad alternative. I used one untill I found the full kit from Lokar, I later used the Spectre that I took off, on my friends Chevy truck project. Just throwing that out there if yall haven't used one.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts