Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a 78 Cobra II and the bumper matched up to my 76. I know on mine it was just two frame support struts that attached to the bumper. Didn't look different for the 78. Front or rear.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
The hood and front piece around the grill is different for the 74s (shorter hood I believe?) and you have to have a matching setup to work properly..They changed them for 75 and up to allow more room for the V-8s..I think the bumpers should interchange on all years..

·
Registered
422 Posts
It's just a start. Why not post some links to said cheaper bumpers? I'm not as old as you so I don't have the contacts you have. I knew he had a bumper, didn't know it's condition. I merely was browsing Ebay and saw it and posted it. Same thing I am doing with this link for 2 replacement bumpers.

74-78 New Mustang II Front and Rear Replacement Bumpers | eBay

·
Registered
422 Posts
I emailed the owner of Mustang II net and he said my email was already registered as MustangIIparts or some name like that... I've always used Dcollins85 so there is no confusion across forums as to who I am... just like you use Feeble as your user name on other MII forums. So I don't know if they can cancel that account and let me re-register?

I ment no offense with the age comment, but most people who I talk to on these forums are older than me. I didn't mean you were as old as dirt or anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts