Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Due to a really mild winter I've been able to get a jump start on some projects, to be honest, didn't think I'd even get to 'til now, let alone done. I'll include a 'teaser' pic, and if there is an interest from you folks to know details, give me your feedback and I will make it a tech article, with lotsa photos ...or where ever the correct place is to put project threads?

I feel compelled to 'repay' with some tips and insight that I've gathered, mainly because I've acquired sooo much help on this forum over the last few months, many thanks for that!

First off, I did come up with a usable fan shroud for the '64 Gal, utilizing one from a c1978 Granada/Monarch, made brackets from common home center offerings, bought a used 19" '65/up clutch fan, and a new aftermarket clutch. All of this came in at a very moderate price compared to either a '64 Gal 2 piece shroud, or a '66 T-bird 17" size radiator shroud (which is verry similar to a 64 Gal), and the 'proper' 18" Gal clutch fan. The fan does set in pretty deep when one uses a 'modern' shroud, but several drives in warm weather (and with a nice direct-read temp gauge added now) tells me I'm at 190 deg at speed, and no more than 210ish at long traffic lights. Of course, I haven't sat at a July car show yet, even tho we typically don't see 90 deg temps often here (thank gawd).
Anyways .... here's a "before & after" pic, 'nuff of the gab part, lol.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
You just reminded me of something maybe for the get together in july other than just the headlight relays. :) I've had a shroud sitting in the garage that i would first have to measure but might be something to use.

Looks great!

As for a project thread, there is here or you can go to the Makin Progress section and post one there.
Makin' Progress - Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! And thanks Deb for the tip on where to post progress reports.
I hope that shroud works out! If you do decide to give it a go, holler and I will gladly share my experiences, notes, photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts