Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Tucson, but will be working on my car in the Phoenix area. Anyone know of any quality cylinder head shops in the valley area or Tucson?

I am going to have the heads milled and get a good quality valve job done. I'm told my World Windsor Sr. heads have seats and guides that are not concentric, so I will have them fix that and probably install the springs retainers and locks that I buy.

Any idea what this might cost me? Ive never had any head work done before.

Thanks!

Tim

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hey bud, didn't know you were from Arizona! I'll talk to my dads race motor builder and see who he recommends, or if he'd do it and what his prices are. There's one place I know of that does good work I've heard, called D&J Machine. The guy to talk to is Darl Jeffries. Another place is H&H Machine. By the way, I'm also Is1BadFord on sbftech too =p.

Cris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Cris! Cool, you're a zonie too, huh? Looks like you're in Glendale. My parents live in Peoria, that's where I'll be doing the work since pops has the garage, air tools and more importantly, the garage haha. I just have a creaky old carport here in tucson. I go to school here and rent a house for now.

Thanks for the shop names, and ya let me know if you find out any other good people to go see! Maybe I'll see you around up there sometime. What are you driving?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Uhh...99 Chevy Silverado? lol

I've got an 84 hatch project in the garage. It's traded back and forth from a 347 to a 393/408 to a 347 again, and it's nowhere even near drivable yet lol. Once I decide and get a motor together it'll go pretty quickly though. I think I'm going to continue along with my original plans of an ultra light rotating assembly 347. Mexican block (if I can dig one up), and 7500rpm are definately in this things future =).

What area of Peoria are your parents at? I went to Peoria High School lol. Oh and my wife's from Tucson =p.

Cris

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Is1BadFord on 11/11/06 12:17pm ]</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's cool... I went to Centennial High. The rents live south of the arrowhead area.
I've been to one or two car shows over at Peoria High, but that's about it.

That hatch sounds like its going to be a monster!

Hey, I've got another Q... related to the build Im planning, and AZ emissions... do you think I'd have a problem passing the sniffer test after I follow Jay Allens recipe for success? I'm not sure of the cam specs yet cuz we haven't gotten that far, but I think you saw the thread and probably have an idea of what it takes

As far as I know I think I'd be alright as long as it is firing correctly, and I would probably have to lean the idle on the carb out for the test. What do you think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts