Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone remember that show? I thought it was pretty good. They put together one of the first kit car Cobras with a 351 Cleveland. It had a Jag rear and from what I remember, it ran pretty good. This was before all the car shows came on the scene, so it was really cool to see something like this back then and on PBS for that matter!

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
On 2006-12-18 05:23, blown68 wrote:
Anyone remember that show? I thought it was pretty good. They put together one of the first kit car Cobras with a 351 Cleveland. It had a Jag rear and from what I remember, it ran pretty good. This was before all the car shows came on the scene, so it was really cool to see something like this back then and on PBS for that matter!
Didn't that show get a name change to Crank 'n Chrome? Had two guys; one kinda' short the other tall. The short guy was the "real mechanic" the tall guy was kinda' like the Buddy that comes over and kibbitz when you are trying to get something done.

If that the show - I didn't know it had been on that long. But I do remember the Kit car - Cobra build.

Like you say - I think it was one of the first popular car shows. MotorWeek is the longest lasting as far as I know. They don't have much of the hot rod stuff anymore, I guess they figure that is covered , ad naseum by the current crop.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Great show! It was out of Boston area somewhere, I think. It was a really good show and actually had troubleshooting stuff you could use. If I recall correctly they also drove classic cars on occassion.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The problem with 2GG is that they endorse worthless junk like the Tornado gimmick..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts