Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new here not to Fords though, Im looking into buying an 88-91 panther platform, I.e, crown vic/grand marqis for a daily as my fox is too unpracticle for DD. these cars came with the standard 5.0 non HO motor linked to 4spd auto. Iv'e found an 88 CV but needs a motor, it's 500 bucks for car and its in really good shape but no motor (the catch). instead of rebuilding it.s OEM 5.0 (diff firing order, non MAF, diff crank i think??) 150hp. Would anyone know if a foxbody 5.0 HO 225hp MAF, motor would bolt right in?? would trans have to change as well? has anyone done this on here? foxbody motors are plentiful and cheap hence the idea, i know these motors quite well any info helpful!

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Welcome! To use the MAF and the SEFI will require the HO ECM. That will requrie some re-wiring or a harness swap to use it. Alternatively, use the CV wiring and ECM, and re-tune it for the new engine (no different than hot-rodding your old engine). Either will work, but depend on what resources you have - electrical and wiring knowledge and stuff, or tuning hardware and software and the knowledge to use them.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts