Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything on my '68 Futura so I thought I'd toss up some pix & let you all know status on my car.

My son is home from the Army later this week for a couple of weeks so I have been jammin' on getting this thing ready to fire. Just finished up the electrical tonight, just need to terminate at a few devices once they are bolted in (cooling fan, elec fuel pump, tail lights). All circuits have been tested and are working correctly. I used a Painless 8 circuit race car harness and have completely rewired the car. All connections have been tinned prior to crimp, then heat shrinked.

I have a bunch of old computer carcasses laying around so I thought I would use on as a control panel. Still needs some trimming & fitting but it looks like it'll work.

Other cool thing is I got my intake back from my nephew-welder-fabricator this weekend. This started out as a Wieand 289/302 single quad tunnel ram. The base is now ported for my mechanical Enderle injection and has the nozzles installed. The tunnel ram top has been severly altered and raises the injection hat just enough to poke up out of the hood.

Tomorrow I measure for the driveshaft and get it ordered. Transmission is a C4 stuffed full of PA and Art Carr parts with a Hughes 4000 stall coupling it to the 351W via a TCI SFI flexplate.

After the driveshat is measured I start bending the hard lines for the injectors. Current timeline is to have the motor running by July 1st and making our first pass at the track sometime later in July.

That's it for now. Just wanted to crow a bit about my little Futura.

Murff

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
That's going to be one wicked looking beast when you turn it loose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts