1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
981 Posts
Greg Donohue has em. Call 1-352-344-4329, also there is a link from the Galaxie club to see an online catalog.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 64GALAXIE514 on 7/30/06 5:13am ]</font>

·
Registered
813 Posts
I put new ones on my 63 Galaxie along with new leaf springs.
If I remember, they fit snug around the spring, then you put the axle on top of the upper one, and the mounting plate over the lower one and bolt it all down tight.
One of them has a small nipple in the center that locates into a hole on the axle housing mount to keep it in place when installing them.
I dont remember if the lower one has it or not, but it might.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I think they both have the small nipple, i got some from nicks t birds in van nuys, they were about $10 each !!

the lower works like as the male and it sits in the leaf spring plate, the upper works like a male and it sits in the hole in the axle

L

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lgh1157 on 7/30/06 11:06pm ]</font>

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are $22 per set from Donahue and $6.99 each if the ones at Napa are the same and they actually have them. That's the big one...IF. Thanks for the leads!

I did some investigating and at least at Napa, the part number is the same for 63 bird or 64 gal. That widens the field a bit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShotRod64 on 8/1/06 7:20am ]</font>

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey,
The inexpensive pads do not have the steel sleeve molded in. This causes the pad to work it's way out over time. The only place I found that has the exact reproductions is Concours from Carson City NV. They were about $16 each.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks unforgiven, I ordered from them. 75 cents each and I only have to make my own hole in them. Can't beat that price. I'll let you all know how close or not close they are to what is on the car now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts