Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My expirience says NOOOOOO! I assumed it would be a straight across fit, at least all the Falcon "experts" told me that "anything that fits a Mustang fits a Falcon" were wrong. Yes, they bolted in, but as I backed up within 10 feet, they went ultra lowrider low. Now I have a pair of American Pony Parts 5 leaf perf. springs with 10 ft. of driving time on them in my garage. My advice is this: take them off, set them on level ground bow side up, stand yourself on them, and in they hold your body weight cut out the old bushings and install new ones and hardware (not cheap stuff either) and you will be pleased with the results! You can get away with under $50 expense. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
You might look around your locality and see if you can locate a company that specializes in suspension and springs. I found one here locally that rebuilt a set of existing springs for me and actually added a leaf and adjusted the tension to meet my requirements for load capacity and handling -- and it cost less than a new set of springs. This type of issue isn't new and unique to here. Be willing to bet you can find a "Spring Menders" or something like it local to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thought I'd share my bolt removal experience with you. (1) Pre hose'm with WD or something like it. (2) Bust the nut off best you can. (3) If the bolt is rusted in position, get a large C clamp, a 5/8th(?) shallow socket and most importantly, at least a half rack o cold ones, becase this may take a while. Put the socket over the bolt head, and the C clamp on the socket and nutless bolt end, a crank it down, a little more WD, beer yourself, repeat. You may only get a 1/4 turn on the clamp per attempt, but that's fine. It may take more than a day, but you will eventually win. One caveat though and this is big; you may run out of beer. Shoot for the whole case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip I will give that a shot. I am glad you posted before I made the mistake of getting the mustang leafs.......

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ray, I haven't been to Macon since the last time I saw you. I need to bring you my flaring tool so you can show me how to use it. Hope you're doing well & have a merry Christmas.

Rick

How's Marvin?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also, I have heard that applied directly, beer can help loosen rusty nuts and bolts. As Hank Hill says " Ahhh, is there anything beer can't do? "

1 - 11 of 11 Posts