Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First post here, heard alot of great stuff about this site. I am building a new 347 for the Shelby Restomod my husband bought for me. He told me I couldn't go any faster than the stock 302 in it until I learned how to do it myself (same trick he uses with our kids). He says my driving skills should improve proportionately with my ability to make the car faster. He's giving me a budget (I think it's too small, but he wont budge) that I have in order to build a new motor. So, my question is this:

Has anyone heard of these rods?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8065684513&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=8065684482&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

The quality 'appears' to be very nice. Even HE says so. But he won't tell me whether it's worth using them or not. Although, he got an interested look in his eye when I found them, and I caught him looking them up himself later.

So what do you all think? The motor should be around 450-500hp or so, 6500-7000rpm, and yes, I know it will take a solid roller, compression, and serious heads to do this. A dart block isn't in my budget, but if I can make enough power to blow this one, maybe he'll buy me one himself. Right now the advice I need is on these rods!

R

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Welcome to the site.I'm curious about those rods myself as I have looked at them on ebay among others..There is so much stuff kicking around on Ebay its hard to know what's good and what's not.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Bump for the pretty lady.

Yes, I've seen her website.

Cris

·
Registered
237 Posts
careful in what you chose there hottie you dont want to get something that will grenade your pony's engine but all in all those rods look pretty nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts