Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my combo:
408w
Comp cams hydraulic 556 intake 547 ex 110dg LS
10.7 compression
Aluminum procomp heads, 60 cc, .205 int .160 ex 210cc intake runners.
Edelbrock performer rpm manifold
750 dp carburetor
1 3/4 primary, Crites headers.
MSD6/DurasparkII ignition.
1.6 crane roller rockers

Need anything else?
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,692 Posts
On 2006-03-06 17:40, 67falconer wrote:
Heres my combo:
408w
Comp cams hydraulic 556 intake 547 ex 110dg LS
10.7 compression
Aluminum procomp heads, 60 cc, .205 int .160 ex 210cc intake runners.
Edelbrock performer rpm manifold
750 dp carburetor
1 3/4 primary, Crites headers.
MSD6/DurasparkII ignition.
1.6 crane roller rockers

Need anything else?
Thanks
450-475fwhp, could be more with a better intake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1 Bad 88 GT on 3/7/06 10:15am ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2006-03-06 19:14, 1 Bad 88 GT wrote:
On 2006-03-06 17:40, 67falconer wrote:
Heres my combo:
408w
Comp cams hydraulic 556 intake 547 ex 110dg LS
10.7 compression
Aluminum procomp heads, 60 cc, .205 int .160 ex 210cc intake runners.
Edelbrock performer rpm manifold
750 dp carburetor
1 3/4 primary, Crites headers.
MSD6/DurasparkII ignition.
1.6 crane roller rockers

Need anything else?
Thanks
450-475fwhp, could be more with a better intake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1 Bad 88 GT on 3/7/06 10:15am ]</font>
Vic Jr?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,892 Posts
With .205" intake and .160" exhaust valves I'd say about thirty horses at the flywheel (maybe less).


If you change those valves to a 2.05" and 1.60" I'd think more in the line of 500 hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,892 Posts
On 2006-03-06 21:59, v8shadow wrote:
Can I change my answer to appear wiser ??
What a privilege to have your insight Mr. Sunshine! You're most likely too good for this site and not just this topic. Did I miss something!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,080 Posts
I agree that knowing the duration would be helpful.

Rough guess is 450-475hp based on the intake, which is known. You need to be careful with not adding too much duration if you need to run that manifold. The RPM will start to fall out early on the 408.

Would easily be 500+ with a Vic Jr and a decent cam.

_________________
Dennis

65' Stang

393 stroker, Toploader 4 spd, 3:50 rear.

Victor Jr. knockoff heads, 282S cam, Stealth intake, Bigs Stage 5 750DP, Accufab headers, Scattershield, Caltracs.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dennis111 on 3/7/06 6:53pm ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,301 Posts
289nate,
Mr. Sunshin huh? LOL. I was way off on my answer because I am not new to the hobby at all, but I am new with the respect of building and restoration. My answer was a guess. My reply was a joke. So chill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,692 Posts
On 2006-03-06 17:52, v8shadow wrote:
OH pick me! Pick me! I say......................700hp at flywheel.
On 2006-03-06 22:24, 289nate wrote:
On 2006-03-06 21:59, v8shadow wrote:
Can I change my answer to appear wiser ??
What a privilege to have your insight Mr. Sunshine! You're most likely too good for this site and not just this topic. Did I miss something!?!

Yep, you did! It helps to read every post/reply.


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1 Bad 88 GT on 3/8/06 8:08am ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,692 Posts
450-475fwhp, could be more with a better intake.
Vic Jr?

[/quote]
That would help alot. You need to keep on mind that the Perf and RPM were designed with a 351ci plant in mind and you're trying to feed an extra 57 cubes, which is roughly 16% more. This doesn't take into account the improved heads which will also increase VE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,892 Posts
On 2006-03-07 14:16, v8shadow wrote:
289nate,
Mr. Sunshin huh? LOL. I was way off on my answer because I am not new to the hobby at all, but I am new with the respect of building and restoration. My answer was a guess. My reply was a joke. So chill.
Your two posts were misunderstood by me as an intent to be very sarcastic. Glad that's not the case. Sorry!

I'm happy to have you here judging by your other posts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,892 Posts
It helps to read every post/reply.
I did and think it's clear how I could have been mistaken. Again, sorry!


I would assume the cam is in the 235-245 duration at .050" lift range. The victor junior should do better than an RPM air gap with that kind of stroke. I also have a problem with the little 750 carb. I'd go bigger. If you already have it then use it. It'll do an alright job.

I'm curious to see how these heads do for you. Keep us posted.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 289nate on 3/8/06 8:45am ]</font>
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top