Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all......well Friday is my BIG day........heres my specs.
358 S/B SVO block
14:1 compression
.720 lift Roller cam...block has Roller cam bearings also
Robert Yates Belt Drive
Robert Yates aluminum C3H heads that flow 340 @ .700 lift
Yates Intake.....4150 pattern
Vacume pump.....
Will try a 950,1050,and 1050 Dominator with a series of spacers....Im hoping for 675 maybe more........Lets here your estimates and what RPM you think it will peak HP at....The closest person will recieve a gift from BIGS...........Let the games begin
..Jesse @ BIGS

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not quite sure what fuel were going to use yet but maybe C12-C14...........

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well guys......we will have another week to keep guessing on the HP #'s.........I was just way to busy at the shop to take a day off friday so I rescheduled it for next friday...................Thanx for all the guesses,especially the ones over 675!! Jesse

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well you guys were back from the dyno and to say im happy is an understatement!!!!!!!! We got the engine up on the dyno, hooked everything up with really no problems.....Ran some fuel to the carb and she was running.......We started the session with a 950 carb and a 1" Super Sucker and 34 dagrees of timing........C114 gas and let her eat.....First pull to 5000 just to check things out made a hair over 445HP....We thought whew......shes climbing pretty fast.....should be fun......So we pulled her to 7500,still climbing.......man that baby 358 SINGS!!! So we ended up @ 751HP @ 8400RPM........YA BABY!!!! moved timing to 37 dagrees and lost 20HP......dropped it to 31,lost again.........34 was best! Spaced the carb up 1",then another for a total of 3",both were loses.........So we switched to a 1050 Dom.......She struggled to make 740, it was down that 10HP from 5500-8000 all the way threw........I will post some pics and a dyno sheet if I figure out how or somebody can for me,I can send the digital pics if ya can help post them on here..........So it looks like QTRHORS is the winner with his guess of 715 @7800.........Thats worth a BIGS $50 credit at the shop towards anything.........Thanx alot, Jesse @ BIGS

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thank you...thank you....thank you very much

omg that thing is an animal...congrats Jesse

all I can say is Robert Yates is da man

I was gonna guess more considering what a Ford nascar engine can do with a 750 carb limit....but I chickened out

Thanks for the "gift"...very generous of you to offer that to the list. Its always good to see that there are people in the biz world like you

congrats again Jesse

·
Registered
39 Posts
ahhhhh,lehn? the contest is like, over ok? Look above and see the answer!

man one in every crowd eh? He's still guessing on the 72 olympics!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bigs, hey,you might know my cousin... Matt travis, hes got a 94 ranger hes been supin out. he works at affordable tire over there in altoona, If i get my stang up and running on January 18th ill take it into altooona and let ya take a look at it .. hows that sound. hehe

1 - 20 of 29 Posts