Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I would but someone will just complain about my generic battery and stant radiator cap! ;)
No complaint as I have become used to it.

What, no MR. GASKET genuine flash chromed CHI-COM air cleaner?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Here's an under-hood progress (or bonnet, lol) shot of my '64 Gal. Nuttin' fancy or hi-tech....and still much more planned over the winter and into 2013 ....as the budget allows. I've only owned the car for one yr (coming up on 9/15).
The 'theme' or look I am shooting for is: "what I woulda done to a car circa late 60s (if I had been old enough, that is, lol). Ask any questions you like, or critique it -it's all good. ;) Obviously, washable blue air filter elements weren't around in 1969 -the blue looked soo cool against the car's color, I acquiesced, hehe. The GT v/c's are 'drivers' I had so I could replace the Edelbrocks that came on it.

Hope this helps ya. Norm in Minnesota
i need ideas on how to tidy my engine bay and would love to see what you folks have or have not done.
thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
And for something different!!
Doesn't look like this anymore as it was done in '04 so now it's the typical oil, paint flake and burn. I forgot to put the radiator cap on it's blue.

Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Don't know why, but this is the only site that I have trouble uploading pictures.

Upload starts, little green bar starts to expand, but then it hits a certain point, bar goes solid green, but no picture.

·
Registered
977 Posts
And for something different!!
Doesn't look like this anymore as it was done in '04 so now it's the typical oil, paint flake and burn. I forgot to put the radiator cap on it's blue.

View attachment 23656

View attachment 23657
Looks like someone took your washer bag cap as well.. Someone took mine from the 1st car show we entered in 2010. we've been to but haven't entered anymore. LIKE the GREEN/BLUE!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Can't see mine--it's just DCR--Dust, Crust, and Rust.

Old finned aluminum Holley valve covers and engine is blue. Its coming out when I get a chance and going to be painted black. I have stock Thunderbird valve covers and air clear all painted up (gold) and ready to go.

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice photos..... which reminded me that I need to start cleaning mine up. This is a shot of the engine bay when I started working on it. My uncle had a guy do the body & frame. He painted the firewall and now it is all flaking off. I am assuming that he used the incorrect paint or didn't prep the surface correctly. So now that I have the car riding down the road again, I need to start addressing things like this. What paint is typically used and how to properly prep the surface. The same peeling and flaking is happening on the frame as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 114 Posts