Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Here's my 64. Got it last weekend :) Took me 19 years to get me this car!

Badass Gary you found one!

Is this the one that you were talking about before?

Can't wait to see where you take it, make a Progress thread so I can keep up with the events!

Flip

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
That is awesome FE!

It looks really solid from the photo, nice find!

If you're needing some parts let me know. I was thinking of going to Trust Salvage in Auburn this weekend. Supposedly the owner has a ton of old cars and seems really cool from talking to him on the phone.

I'm looking to get my hands on a set of risers and rails for my '66 and maybe scoring something for my '62 though I'm not sure what I'd want aside from the XL stuff.

If there's something that you want me to keep an eye out for just holler.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great site!I have a '64 that was sitting in a barn since '81,was trailered up to canada from arizona in '81 and left alone till i bought in march 2010. Changed all rubber parts,carb, water pump and some little things,washed it polished the chrome and changed rims and tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wish i had more pics, but thats it till spring......

Anyways:

86 t bird
Swapped out v-6 with a 73 sbf 302 (Soon to be 331 stroker :D)
Project in the works

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wish i had more pics, but thats it till spring......

Anyways:

86 t bird
Swapped out v-6 with a 73 sbf 302 (Soon to be 331 stroker :D)
Project in the works

Love your "stepchild" quote...how true!

Am getting pics and video together of my '93 SC (I bought it new). Won't go into all the details, but...Built 32V, Vortech (15 PSI). Originally an AOD, swapped in a Viper 6 spd, carbon fibre driveshaft, Cobra brakes and on and on... except for being quite low, it has stock look...no hood cuts, bulges etc.

At some shows, the Mustang guys actually let me park by them!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ya'll got some nice looking t-birds.

I got a buddy that has near any kind of tbird one is looking for. Has 3 of the sports whatever they are, one seat in front with the retractable top that goes in trunk. There is some kind of bird that there is only 2 of, he has both of them. Need any parts of any kind I could give him a buzz

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
It seems like when you get one of those birds that they seem to multiply. For a long time I have wanted to find and restore one of the SC's but jeez, got too many projects already as it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My grandpa bought this '61 in 1963 and my uncle now owns it, it's been kept absolutely mint for the 49 years we've had it. Love the slide-away steering wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great 'birds, all. Here's my 1966 Q Code 428 Town Landau. It was a neglected but original California car (and still is) when I purchased it last year. Been chippin' away at the must-do's and even some want-to-do's one after the other and it's finally starting to show...

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
My 57 in the driveway after the first road test with the new engine build. Standard bore 312, John Mummert aluminum heads, cam and valley cover with PCV fitting, Edelbrock 573 aluminum 3x2 intake with 3 Holley 94's, MSD/Petronix ignition, Sanderson headers with Flowmaster mufflers, ADDCo front and rear sway bars, KYB shocks, rebuilt original Ford-O-Matic (yes these are 3 speeds) American 15 x 7 Torque Thrusts with Michelin Pilot Exaltos. Coming next is Granada power disc brakes and a T5 5speed conversion using John Mummerts kit. Yes the hood does fit, close but it does.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Its nice to see after 7 years people are still posting in the thread I started. BTW I have a different Thunderbird now and some of you may have seen it around the site before.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 54 Posts