Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Wanting to know whats the best size rims i can put on my 1975 ranchero. I want something nice BUT NOT HUGE!

I think it is rhetorical to put anything size 20 inch rims on a vehicle if your not off roading or hauling. i am thinking about 19's or 17's which would look good on a 1975 Ford Ranchero.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think 17's look good. Ive considered 17" front, and 18" rear myself, but i also want to be able to run good sticky tires that aren't 3-4 hundred bucks a piece so ill likely stay with 15-16" wheels myself. Wide tires look really bad ass on the chero too becaue the body is so wide. With a proper wheel, you can fit 11-12 inch rubber in the rear with no modifications, and if you plan on upgrading that 400, your going to need some meats out back...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think 17's look good. Ive considered 17" front, and 18" rear myself, but i also want to be able to run good sticky tires that aren't 3-4 hundred bucks a piece so ill likely stay with 15-16" wheels myself. Wide tires look really bad ass on the chero too becaue the body is so wide. With a proper wheel, you can fit 11-12 inch rubber in the rear with no modifications, and if you plan on upgrading that 400, your going to need some meats out back...

yeah... i mean tire shops sell used tires with good tread i need special order tires to bolk up but my vehicle bottoms out when it comes to certain areas cause the tires to small.

i decided to keep the 400 to show these chevy lovers i am not bull****ting xD

its not a implant engine Ford made there OWN 400 and then Chevrolet gets all the credit for it what way to defy and rip out there hearts then to have my 400 BEAT THE LIVING S* out of there 400. What i also want to clarify is that RANCHERO came first chevy DESERVES NO CREDIT for our body style and our invention. Chevy Chopped off a chevelle good? understandable.... Not questioning that Ranchero Came from a station wagon (chopped the back off) then the ranchero was born. The idea of FORD begun production of the ranchero in 1956 and sold the first versions in 1957. the El Camino came in 1959. So i rather slap these Chevrolet losers with power heart and facts then to just embarrass them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good rant...lol Go get em tiger LOL. I cant wait to spank some elky's and camaros myself in my 75' chero.
yeah... i mean tire shops sell used tires with good tread i need special order tires to bolk up but my vehicle bottoms out when it comes to certain areas cause the tires to small.

i decided to keep the 400 to show these chevy lovers i am not bull****ting xD

its not a implant engine Ford made there OWN 400 and then Chevrolet gets all the credit for it what way to defy and rip out there hearts then to have my 400 BEAT THE LIVING S* out of there 400. What i also want to clarify is that RANCHERO came first chevy DESERVES NO CREDIT for our body style and our invention. Chevy Chopped off a chevelle good? understandable.... Not questioning that Ranchero Came from a station wagon (chopped the back off) then the ranchero was born. The idea of FORD begun production of the ranchero in 1956 and sold the first versions in 1957. the El Camino came in 1959. So i rather slap these Chevrolet losers with power heart and facts then to just embarrass them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good rant...lol Go get em tiger LOL. I cant wait to spank some elky's and camaros myself in my 75' chero.

elky's XD that sounds like a good automotive racist term I AM KEEPING THAT XD

HEY ELKYS >.<! GET YOUR SH*T OUT THE WAY!

XD

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think 18" would look great. Alternatively I was able to get some 5 spoke 17" take-offs from a 2006 Mustang to run on my 79 Ranchero and they look good. A Firestone dealer had put a couple small scatches on a customers brand new wheels and had to replace em so he sold me the originals cheap. They look good but 1 " taller would be better, on the other hand I don't know where anyone would fall into a super cheap deal on 18s. Due to the difference in offset I will need to run an aluminum spacer and I've heard varying opinions on this but i think they will be fine. Regards, Mike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts